Pekin Duck Lover

Chirping
Aug 8, 2022
Hello everyone!
I just joined this community, and I ordered 6 Pekin Ducks eggs and I have an incubator ready. However…there is a big issue…
My neighborhood HOA prohibits poultry (so not cool). I recently moved and I’m staying at another house while my floors are being done, and after coming back from farm volunteering, I had a duck egg with me that had an early death. I was devastated, and ordered eggs that I knew were healthy and fertile after getting a new incubator because I’ve always wanted ducks. Being new to the neighborhood, I completely forgot about the poultry laws and got caught up. I’m too young to have my own house, so I live with my parents. They knew the rules, but said not to worry about it. I am very worried. I don’t want to give up these Pekin ducklings. Is there a way I can reason with the HOA? And what can they do?

Hello everyone!
I just joined this community, and I ordered 6 Pekin Ducks eggs and I have an incubator ready. However…there is a big issue…
My neighborhood HOA prohibits poultry (so not cool). I recently moved and I’m staying at another house while my floors are being done, and after coming back from farm volunteering, I had a duck egg with me that had an early death. I was devastated, and ordered eggs that I knew were healthy and fertile after getting a new incubator because I’ve always wanted ducks. Being new to the neighborhood, I completely forgot about the poultry laws and got caught up. I’m too young to have my own house, so I live with my parents. They knew the rules, but said not to worry about it. I am very worried. I don’t want to give up these Pekin ducklings. Is there a way I can reason with the HOA? And what can they do?
Honestly...I raised my first duck in a neighborhood HOA. She was a Muscovy/Crested duck. Everyone on our block loved her and she went on walks with people and they would come over to say hi to her. No one dared tell us we weren't allowed to keep poultry.

Six pekins is a lot to keep "under the radar". Many of us have backyard ducks in neighborhoods where that is not permitted. We depend on our neighbors liking our ducks and not turning us in. But it is a different with an HOA. Plus pekin are very noisy ducks!! Even the drakes are noisy!!

I wish you and your parents luck with the HOA: promise your neighbors and the HOA Board duck eggs next spring when they will be old enough to start laying.

Six pekins is a lot to keep "under the radar". Many of us have backyard ducks in neighborhoods where that is not permitted. We depend on our neighbors liking our ducks and not turning us in. But it is a different with an HOA. Plus pekin are very noisy ducks!! Even the drakes are noisy!!

I wish you and your parents luck with the HOA: promise your neighbors and the HOA Board duck eggs next spring when they will be old enough to start laying.
We are very close with our next door neighbors, and chances are that not all 6 will hatch. I’m guessing 1-3 :) I’ll take your advice into account!! Ty!!

Back
Top Bottom