How many people carry pocket knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
you never know when there is going to be a drive by citrus attack...be prepared people! oranges are usually easily handled, but those grapefruits, they'll squirt ya' right in the eye, then you're down, down, down!

can i just say, we love the citrus peeler thingy. my kids think it's the best thing in the gadget drawer!

Dh not only carries a pocket knife - he also carries a handheld pruning saw for tree touch ups here and there.

Warning, when crossing into Canada, when asked by the Canadian border crossing guard if you have any weapons, NEVER say yes and pull out your pocket knife. The one we had - boy, if looks could kill.....

I've been carrying a pocket knife since I was about 10. In my teens my grandfather gave me a real special one, that I carried with me always for about 25 years. One day I went to court for something and had to go through a metal detector. I ended up having to hide my knife somewhere out in the courtyard or have it taken from me.
I got myself a new cheapy pocket knife and my special one has been retired and only comes out for special occasions. The cheapy knife is in my purse always and ok to "loose". But my grandpa's special one goes with me hiking, fishing and camping trip, places I don't expect to come accross metal detectors....
Sometimes I do miss the "good old days", when a kid could carry a pocket knife and it wasn't a big deal, after all; how else would you cut an apple into fourths to share with your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom