How many people carry pocket knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My SO insisted I carry one and he bought me a really nice one. Most of the time I forget that I have it, not such a good thing if you are going thru airport security or other places where having one is a no-no.

I carry a Gerber W/ 4" blade clipped inside my front right hand pocket for quick access. It goes with me everywhere, even to the airport. I don't pack it until I'm at the counter.
I also keep a good knife in my truck and boat cause you never know when you'll have to skin something out. I watched my dad skin a caribou with a Gerber folding knife that only had a 2" blade. Lesson learned!

I have been carrying a pocket knife daily for almost sixty years. My best friend says it's because of my ethnic heritage, yet, he is always having to borrow it. One knife that I just retired I had carried for over thirty years and the blade was starting to get a little worn down. My sons gave it to me one Christmas. I could never join a nudist colony because my birthday suit doesn't have a pocket to put a knife in.

Quote:
gig.gif
Hang it on a chain around your neck.

I have carried a pocket knife for 30 years, in my purse, used to be attached to my car keys, it is a good 4 inch serrated blade.
I keep a sheath kife in my car, right next to the fire extinguisher and duct tape.
has always come in handy, learned it from my mom, she carried a pocket knife for 70 years.

did you know that black peper will catuterrize a wound and stop bleeding? I am an RN, and I carry black pepper and duct tape for blood emergengcies,,, works a lot better than silly paper dressings.
Was out at a horse barn and friend cut her finger with a knife and I had her cleaned up in a minute.... cold water, pepper, duct tape.
cheers

Quote:
Oh my gosh!!!! That is so hilarious, I DO THE SAME THING!!! I get lots of stares when I whip out my little knife in the convenience store and poke a hole in the top of the chocolate milk! I cannot tell you how many people have said, "whow that's neat, never thought of that". I tell them "only a mom could know that trick"! My sad husband is always asking to borrow MY knife because he forgets his, or it's too dull to cut butter LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom