I can't seem to peel my hard boiled eggs - page 8 Solution!

So glad I remembered to do a search on hardboiled eggs. The last two times I've boiled eggs it was a disaster!
sad.png
I will salvage the 5 already boiled with egg salad, but next time I just might try salt, vinegar AND poking them!

Thanks y'all!
tongue.png

I live at high altitude and we have to add about a half cup of salt to the water when boiling them. Right after you are done boiling them, drain and submerse in ice water. People always say add salt... but they don't remember to tell you how much. I suggest adding A LOT! Let me know how it goes.
smile.png

The salt water worked!! I am so excited, last 2 times I did hardboiled eggs it was a disaster. I can't wait to make devilled eggs again. LOL Not exactly sure how much salt I used but it was a lot maybe a 1/4 cup or more, but I did boil 2 dozen eggs.

But as for the pin prick method: Do you prick the end and then place it in the boiling water? To me it just seems that the yolk would come out while it was cooking. But then again maybe not.

It was good to see that someone ask this ? , I thought I was going to go crazy trying to peel this eggs, I did try the white vinegar it made the shell more brittle but not much easier to peel,so I will try putting the pin hole in the egg for air and the salt, I need to boil up a good amount of eggs for pickeling every week. Thank you for the useful info... Chicklove

It was good to see that someone ask this ? , I thought I was going to go crazy trying to peel this eggs, I did try the white vinegar it made the shell more brittle but not much easier to peel,so I will try putting the pin hole in the egg for air and the salt, I need to boil up a good amount of eggs for pickling every week. Thank you for the useful info... Chicklove

The best answer is in here some where but I will tell ya. Bring the water to boil. Lower eggs into the water. Boil for 15-17 minutes. Immediately pour off hot water and put in cold water and ice. Trust me works great and so simple.
thumbsup.gif

I always poke a hole in the fat end of the egg! They peel great! I can go out and gather eggs, 30 minutes later have beautiful deviled eggs! It really does work. You just get a pin and poke a hole in the fat end, then drop them right into the boiling water! As soon as I have them all added, I turn off the burner and let them sit covered for 10 minutes and Viola! Deviled eggs!

Has anybody tried those Eggies? I thinking about getting some. I'm also going to try poking a whole in the fat end.

I tried doing them a little different yesterday. Instead of putting them in boiling water, I just put them in cold water, turned up the heat; when they started boiling, let them boil for 15 minutes. Put the pot in the sink, dumped out the hot water, ran cold water over them until they were cold, and peeled. Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom