Inbar, the naked chicken-more pics, update pg 15

I disagree with breeding these birds for a number of reasons, but anyway... I know you're not the one implementing that/being in charge of that/etc., so it's nothing personal against you.

Kudos to you for getting her out of the laboratory, and I think she's rather charming! Strange, but cute!
love.gif
She does have very nice eyes, and her outfit is too adorable.
love.gif
I'm sure you will take good care of her!

idunno.gif

hu.gif

hide.gif

kinda scarey. you almost feel bad for her. like omg, i dont havent cooked a whole chicken in over a year, and omg. dont think i could now even! ugh!
hide.gif

Quote:
I agree.. these arent the type of chickens that you can just let run your backyard... they need protection from the cold AND heat and bugs..etc..... i cant see how they'll be cheaper meat...

City people don't have backyards to grow chickens. These are strictly commercial birds & an alternative to cornish cross-which also wouldn't do well roaming a city. If chicken is cheaper, people can eat more of it instead of living on things like rice. I think it will be helpful. It's kind of like US supermarket chicken for $1 or whatever the price is. It means that people who are really struggling can still afford a meat source. Anyway, this is just my opinion having grown up in Africa & seeing the poverty. The cheaper the meat source, the more the poor can buy it regularly.

So how do I get hatching eggs for these birds?

I would say goodbye to my marans if I could get these...

They would LOVE Phoenix.

I would try and cross them with my Ameraucanas to get some green naked layers.

Poor things can't have much of a normal life, even if raised indoors. They would have NO protection against bullying by other birds -- a peck wouldn't grab feathers but would grab flesh. Even debeaking the poor things wouldn't be enough protection.

Imagine a rooster trying to breed one of these hens naturally? Given how roosters often tear up the feathers on regular chickens, I can't even begin to imagine what would happen to these girls. I suppose it'll be like commercial turkeys - artificial insemination.

Back
Top Bottom