Is there anyway to keep there pool clean?

GooseyMcGee

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 21, 2011
San Diego
I have three month old ducks and two month old geese. I have a small plastic children's pool in their penned in area. They love to go in there and play but they also love to poop in it. The water turns brown in only a few hours. Is there anyway I keep it cleaner?

Dump and refil, it happens to be the drill all waterfowl owners have to follow. Placing the pool on a bed of smooth river rock will help not have dirt billed into it, however mine pick the rock up and just carry dirt to the water.

I have three month old ducks and two month old geese. I have a small plastic children's pool in their penned in area. They love to go in there and play but they also love to poop in it. The water turns brown in only a few hours. Is there anyway I keep it cleaner?
Take a look at OldGuy43's water setup. I am thinking of doing something similar.

Years ago I saw a cartoon of a surfer on top of a tidal wave. The caption read, "Harness the inevitable." Instantly I felt that was the way to go. So with the duck water, I consider it enriched, and I use it on my gardens. I have a small channel that runs from the duck pen to a couple of garden beds downhill. Works!! I dump, rinse and refill daily in the summertime. And that's when I need the water and fertilizer the most.

Back
Top Bottom