ISO coop advice - attaching hardee panels to metal frame?

Izzywinz

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 16, 2014
The hens need more room! And I am in *Use What You Have* mode. What I have is leftover metal framework from temporary canvas carport: the canvas has decomposed and blown away but the metal tube frame is still sound. I thought I would erect some of it inside the large henyard and cover it with a combo of hardie siding 4x8 panels (on the side that takes hard weather) and clear or translucent wavy panels on the sunrise side. (Already have a few of those in re-usable condition). The fitted canvas covers were attached by bungees and heavy duty velcro straps, so the tubes have no holes in them. Coop does not have to be predator-secure as it is already inside secure henyard. Has to withstand high winds. Any ideas? TIA.

Last edited:
Metal self taping screws (if these are used I'd use short ones that only got threw one wall of the tube) or pipe clamps screwed or bolted from the inside. them come in plastic to secure conduit. or sometimes metal. Maybe not the best have on hand stuff. but secure and fairly cheap.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom