January 2021 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Eggs arrived! I've moved them to an egg carton for the post-shipment settling time.

View attachment 2466616

One of the label codes I'm not finding on the breed sheet MPC included, but here's what I could match (presuming they're labelled correctly)
bantam buff brahma
bantam calico cochin
standard size cochin (as best I can tell, from the blue/splash offering)
easter egger (2)
swedish flower hen (really hoping to get a pullet out of this one)

The brown "BOB" egg is the one I couldn't find the code on the list. Dunno if it's actually a Buff Orpington (though that's supposed to be just BO) or something else. I guess I'll see if/when it hatches.
I hope you get a hen swedish flower! I LOVE mine to death!

Eggs arrived! I've moved them to an egg carton for the post-shipment settling time.

View attachment 2466616

One of the label codes I'm not finding on the breed sheet MPC included, but here's what I could match (presuming they're labelled correctly)
bantam buff brahma
bantam calico cochin
standard size cochin (as best I can tell, from the blue/splash offering)
easter egger (2)
swedish flower hen (really hoping to get a pullet out of this one)

The brown "BOB" egg is the one I couldn't find the code on the list. Dunno if it's actually a Buff Orpington (though that's supposed to be just BO) or something else. I guess I'll see if/when it hatches.
Are you going to do a hatch-a-long?

I’ve got 3/3 developing from my own birds, on day 4&5. I didn’t think fertility was going to be an issue but you never know. Curious to see if these turn out smooth or wooly, if they hatch of course. Don’t want to jinx myself. Haha.
Had everyone singing the egg song yesterday so hoping the other couple of freeloaders start laying too. :fl

I’ve got 3/3 developing from my own birds, on day 4&5. I didn’t think fertility was going to be an issue but you never know. Curious to see if these turn out smooth or wooly, if they hatch of course. Don’t want to jinx myself. Haha.
Had everyone singing the egg song yesterday so hoping the other couple of freeloaders start laying too. :fl
What breeds are they?

What breeds are they?
Icelandic cockerel over a wooly Hedemora pullet. :) I’ve got 3 young Hedemora cockerels to eventually choose from to put her with but they’re too little to be thinking about girls just yet. Haha.
826D2C4B-98BA-4497-B887-D136C73403A6.jpeg
3957B14E-ABAA-42F6-B008-3A4BB2F2E2AC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom