July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I know peafowl eggs are more delicate than chicken or duck eggs... so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! My incubator is the NR360 so the eggs will be on their sides... do you usually incubate them more upright? I've also seen that many people hatch them at the end in cut up egg cartons so they are sitting fully upright... do you know anything about that?
How far are they shipping from?

When I incubated my shipped pea eggs, I incubated them on their sides, but their air cells were in decent shape. If you have any with super jiggly or detached air cells I think you might want to start them off upright.
Ok great, thank you! Did you also hatch on their sides if the air cells looked good?

Those pics are so sweet!

Thank you so much for the advice. I'll just have to keep an eye on aircells and adjust accordingly as needed. When/how often do you check their aircell progress?
When I candle at ten days and again at day 24 or 25 when they go into the hatcher. Setting over 200 pea eggs per week I don't have a lot of time to play around with the eggs.

I know peafowl eggs are more delicate than chicken or duck eggs... so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! My incubator is the NR360 so the eggs will be on their sides... do you usually incubate them more upright? I've also seen that many people hatch them at the end in cut up egg cartons so they are sitting fully upright... do you know anything about that?
I use Brinsea 380's for the incubating and a Brinsea hatcher and a redwood 416 for overflow hatching. The Brinsea is mostly set and forget and keeps the humidity right where I want it. I do not trust the digital thermostat so I have lab-grade mercury thermometers in each unit as well. I am pleased that two of my units keep the temp within 0.3 degrees and another two units within a half degree. Even with this extreme accuracy I still have help-outs and I do, but that is the difference between a $2 chicken and a $400. pea.
IMG_5992.JPG
IMG_5990.JPG

I use Brinsea 380's for the incubating and a Brinsea hatcher and a redwood 416 for overflow hatching. The Brinsea is mostly set and forget and keeps the humidity right where I want it. I do not trust the digital thermostat so I have lab-grade mercury thermometers in each unit as well. I am pleased that two of my units keep the temp within 0.3 degrees and another two units within a half degree. Even with this extreme accuracy I still have help-outs and I do, but that is the difference between a $2 chicken and a $400. pea.View attachment 3169447View attachment 3169458
Holy moly that is one heck of a setup!!! What I would give to see that in action! Perhaps someday I'll be on that level, hahaha.

What temp do YOU set your pea eggs?

I use Brinsea 380's for the incubating and a Brinsea hatcher and a redwood 416 for overflow hatching. The Brinsea is mostly set and forget and keeps the humidity right where I want it. I do not trust the digital thermostat so I have lab-grade mercury thermometers in each unit as well. I am pleased that two of my units keep the temp within 0.3 degrees and another two units within a half degree. Even with this extreme accuracy I still have help-outs and I do, but that is the difference between a $2 chicken and a $400. pea.
I can't be the only one drooling over this set up, right?

I use Brinsea 380's for the incubating and a Brinsea hatcher and a redwood 416 for overflow hatching. The Brinsea is mostly set and forget and keeps the humidity right where I want it. I do not trust the digital thermostat so I have lab-grade mercury thermometers in each unit as well. I am pleased that two of my units keep the temp within 0.3 degrees and another two units within a half degree. Even with this extreme accuracy I still have help-outs and I do, but that is the difference between a $2 chicken and a $400. pea.View attachment 3169447View attachment 3169458
I can't be the only one drooling over this set up, right?
No, you aren't the only one drooling. There's a puddle on the floor next to me from it. WOW!! That's an amazing setup! I want it!!!

Back
Top Bottom