July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
So looks like most of not all the project eggs I checked are developing. The splash Cochin from same seller I think are but they were harder to see.

The BBS Cochin from the seller I tried last time I didn't see anything I could say 100% was doing something.
:woot :woot

Ok so, so first of all I took tomorrow off, duh🤣... second checked again around 8 and it looks like we're up to 5, can't be for sure because I don't want to disturb Prue a lot, third I put a piece of HWC across the nest box so no one falls out tonight, and lastly I probably will sleep like crap and if I do sleep I'll be dreaming of chicks,lol. Game plan in the morning is to access the situation and either leave momma be or move everyone to their floor level space. Lots of pics to come, I promise!❤

I used clear nail polish. Lots of it. Thank goodness it's the pointy end of the egg, so it shouldn't have any effect on baby hatching. The saddled and detached air cells look a lot more stable, too. Although, there was one that was totally detached still that me and my daughter watched float around, past the embryo, in one of the eggs. I hope that one is still gonna be able to hatch. Hopefully it'll stabilize some over the next few days. Craziest thing I ever saw while candling tho, lol.
That’s what I was guessing. It works so much better than wax. I know you said it’s on the small end but it could pip through just fine if needed.

So looks like most of not all the project eggs I checked are developing. The splash Cochin from same seller I think are but they were harder to see.

The BBS Cochin from the seller I tried last time I didn't see anything I could say 100% was doing something.
Those look great! Are those all the project eggs?

oh how exciting! You set them on Mon right? This makes me excited and more scared to candle mine. I have had such bad luck with shipped eggs I am always so sad to see nothing. I try to convince myself it is "too early" but then others that set the same day see things and I really know that isn't the case....... I still haven't checked mine yet. LOL going to soon actually. I won't check all 28 but will pick some of each one.
Yeah, I set them on Monday. I'm gonna be candling again at 5 days, just to check ones I couldn't see anything in tonight. Day 7 will be when I check them all again and mark any suspicious ones for reevaluation on Day 10.
Also, you got this! I believe in you! And judging by your later post of lots of developing googies, it looks like I was right to believe in you, lol. Don't worry, we're all in this together, and I've got a good feeling we're both gonna have plenty of fluff butts running around in the brooder before too long. :hugs:fl

Yeah, I set them on Monday. I'm gonna be candling again at 5 days, just to check ones I couldn't see anything in tonight. Day 7 will be when I check them all again and mark any suspicious ones for reevaluation on Day 10.
Also, you got this! I believe in you! And judging by your later post of lots of developing googies, it looks like I was right to believe in you, lol. Don't worry, we're all in this together, and I've got a good feeling we're both gonna have plenty of fluff butts running around in the brooder before too long. :hugs:fl
Thank you. Yes I had quite a few. Didn't see anything in the BBS Cochin eggs again.... Ugh. Not sure if it is the seller, the shipping route, or that she doesn't mark the boxes at all. But don't have much faith in those eggs right now.

Thank you. Yes I had quite a few. Didn't see anything in the BBS Cochin eggs again.... Ugh. Not sure if it is the seller, the shipping route, or that she doesn't mark the boxes at all. But don't have much faith in those eggs right now.
Well, maybe some will pull thru for you and are just leaving you in suspense before they reveal themselves....let's hope so.

Back
Top Bottom