June 2023 Hatch-a-long

I didn't get him yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow. I have more hens than this but these are my laying/breeding hens who will be romanced by the LO.
Below is Beatrice, she is a Blue copper maran, hopefully we will lighten that up...
po25.PNG

Below is "Isabella" She is a blue EE.
po29.PNG

Below is Bluebelle, she is a bluebell egger.
poa4.PNG

Below is a NN, I have 2 hens, it would be fun to get a lavender NN. This is Rusty.
po16.PNG

This is "Golt." She is a gloden spitzenhauben.
po18.PNG

Below is Nell. Her mom was a blue frizzle, it would be nice to get the blue color back.
po26.PNG

Below is Fancy Nancy a frizzle NN no relation to Nell...
frizma.PNG

Don't you love it when they blink right as you take a pic? BCM
poa1.PNG

Below is another blinking Blue isbar, (funny when she started to lay-blam! Her comb got large and red.
poa8.PNG

Lastly I have 2 AC's and one Mozaic that looks like an AC but lays a gray egg.
poa9.PNG

13 hens.
Plus 2 more, I have a blue laced wyandotte, i forgot to mention... She is also doing the blinky thing...
po15.PNG

And this steelegger too!
poa3.PNG

And now here I am, in the June hatch-a-long as well.
One of my silkies went broody Tuesday, I gave her 6 of her own eggs- (Not even sure if they're fertile though, she's a loner bird.. )
20230601_092401.jpg

If i did the math right they should hatch around June 20th? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I also set 3 assorted serama eggs, 4 assorted polish eggs, and 5 assorted silkie eggs in the incubator the same day. Getting two more surprise dozens tomorrow, which will be set right after I get them. I'll update y'all on what they are when i get them ❤️.

My broody RIR has a lot of sisters trying to lay in the next that she made in the corner of the coop. The egg count under her is a lost cause. I just wish she would hatch 2 or 3 so she would get some mama experience and I could toss the other eggs and then begin to use those eggs from the other hens and hopefully get them back to laying in the rollout box. I think I'm starting a few Bresse eggs this weekend and those should hatch around the 25th of June.
We got some White American Bresse chicks this spring and just recently rehomed them to the in-law farm because they have the room and no code on quantity where as we do. I'll post a pic of them in the brooder.
20230411_153139.jpg

Back
Top Bottom