Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Pics
I love this chicken. I hope to get a lavender for my flock eventually. :love

So long as you understand Frizzles are not a breed in the U.S like they are in Australia, Britain & parts of Europe. Any breed in your country may be frizzled but out here they are an actual breed with a breed standard for both standards & bantams. They do require you keep a bit of an eye on them as they don't regulate body heat as well as regular chickens.

I think she's a gold laced Wyandotte.
That’s another chicken I want. I had one but I lost her to a predator and I was pretty upset.
I was so upset about it, I never talked about it here. We went away and I had a chicken sitter but she only let them out, fed them and left. So our property was abandoned, for three days and the dogs were away too. That’s the big factor, because my three dogs patrol their yard! I had nine 9 week olds and lost four. I was devastated. I lost two barred Cochins, my GLW, and one of my RIRs.
We have a camera on the yard and coop area now, since that happened, and I never see anything in our yard! The dogs don’t allow any creature that doesn’t belong here to come in.

Last edited:
So long as you understand Frizzles are not a breed in the U.S like they are in Australia, Britain & parts of Europe. Any breed in your country may be frizzled but out here they are an actual breed with a breed standard for both standards & bantams. They do require you keep a bit of an eye on them as they don't regulate body heat as well as regular chickens.
I actually want to get a lavender Orpington, (it’s not a frizzle but that’s okay). I love my buff Orpington. She is easy going, laid back, and very friendly to me.
I love frizzles and silkies and all those frilly chickens, but for now at least, I am sticking to the standard type chickens. I’m new at chicken keeping so I’m wading in the shallow end. Lol.

That’s another chicken I want. I had one but I lost her to a predator and I was pretty upset.
I was so upset about it, I never talked about it here. We went away and I had a chicken sitter but she only let them out, fed them and left. So our property was abandoned, for three days and the dogs were away too. That’s the big factor, because my three dogs patrol their yard! I had nine 9 week olds and lost four. I was devastated. I lost two barred Cochins, my GLW, and one of my RIRs.
We have a camera on the yard and coop area now, since that happened, and I never see anything in our yard! The dogs don’t allow any creature that doesn’t belong here to come in.
So they were on their own for 3 days! That's awful. I'm so sorry. What a terrible thing. :hugs :hugs

I actually want to get a lavender Orpington, (it’s not a frizzle but that’s okay). I love my buff Orpington. She is easy going, laid back, and very friendly to me.
I love frizzles and silkies and all those frilly chickens, but for now at least, I am sticking to the standard type chickens. I’m new at chicken keeping so I’m wading in the shallow end. Lol.
Hattie is a marvelous hen. So sweet. I highly recommend the lavender orpington. Beautiful and easy going. I love having her in my flock.
20190407_165846.jpg

Back
Top Bottom