Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

Kris! I'm so excited to hear from you. Thanks for the quick update. Please give Andrew our love. This must be exceedingly hard on him. :hugs :hugs :hugs

And here's a few for you too. :hugs:hugs

I am glad the house is moving now. I really hope you can spend this winter in greater comfort. Stay safe and I look forward to hearing from you again sometime soon.

Hi @BlueBaby ! Yes we have the first floor framed and I have a “to do” list before FIL’s friends return. It has been stinking hot here. 😂 hot well for my pale west coast constitution at least... nothing like what you get! I’ve been wrapped up in the day to days. Hay is finally all in, and the meat birds just went in last Tuesday. My littles arrived Friday. Sales are doing well, and DH is in today to pick up more pork. I held back 4 nice girls, from the meat birds, put them in with Roostie, and he promptly scalped one :mad: they aren’t fast enough to avoid him and didn’t understand his intentions. I may put them in with a lighter Rooster eventually.

FIL became unresponsive last night in the hospital so DH will also be stopping there today. I have been supporting my friend through a nasty divorce/custody issues. Work wise we have been double booked most days now, with me focused on the livestock and DH doing most everything else. Today should be his day off but he’s doing errands then making sausage tonight. I think he is going to beg off his second job tomorrow at the pub and just cut meat in the morning. We will see how he feels, but it has been weeks of non-stop tasks and work.

I took house pics but they are on my iPad so DH could take them in for his father to see in hospital last week.
I believe your days must be more than 24 hours long Kris to get so much done!

Thank you for the updates, I have been thinking of you. So glad to hear the house is progressing.

Good on you for supporting your friend. It's a pity about the acrimonious divorce, especially when there are kids involved. You are a good friend.

Hugs to you and Andrew as you navigate FIL's end-of-life journey. I hope it all goes peacefully :hugs :hugs

The forecast has us at 27c or 80f but that is not correct for my actual location, we are on the south side of the island Often described as the desert side. It’s actually closer to 32c or 90’s f. I’m not even using a heat plate for the chicks and they are outside in a meat tractor at a day old (I did surround the tractor with Hay bales though)
So happy to see an update from you :) Sorry to hear about FIL; this is no doubt a very difficult time for you guys. Glad to hear progress is being made on the house. It will be so huge to get it under roof ! Know that all your chicken friends are routing for you. :hugs :hugs

Ugh! When you can't just nip down to the local hardware. It all sounds like it is moving ahead according to plan [more or less.] :) We have been held up by rain too & just had to push through. Birds here later today. I hate working in cold & rain.

My dad had 50 brahma X with bull who followed him round like puppies but the bull scared most people senseless. He was a massive red beastie & looked mean as. He did get mean as he got older & took a one way trip but dad got some good calves from him.

Hi Kris, I’m slowly catching up on your thread, but I wanted to share a little video of patting a “heery coo” when we down in Tassie.

Back
Top Bottom