Ladies, Do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

Ladies, do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

• Yes, I do and I will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but prefer not to

• No way

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but I'd be willing to learn

• Total voters
I can and have stopped to help people who can't. One of those things that I grew up knowing.
wink.png

I had to know how to change a tire, check the air, check and add oil and other fluids and put gas in the car before I was allowed in the drivers seat.

Absolutely as well as changing the oil/filters, flushing the transmission fluid, etc. I would eventually like to learn how to tear down an engine and a transmission. I have a 67 vw convertible that was my dad's and I want to someday restore it. I'd love to in his lifetime (maybe if I ever win the lottery) but I don't think that is going to happen.
hmm.png

Done it many times. I can do tires, check oil, and other basic tasks. Keep an old towel in the back with the spare, so you can kneel on it and not ruin your nice clothes, mine always go when i'm in a skirt or new slacks.

Yup. I'm pretty independent. I took an automotive course years ago, though I pretty rusty on brake jobs!
big_smile.png

ETA, too bad I never learned to type!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Yes, but prefer not to.
I'm lucky. As long as I don't travel outside our county, I can pretty much guarantee that with a phone call I'll have a tire changer made available to me.
I don't care if when they get back to the SO, they're saying, poor poor sgt's wife. Doesn't even know how to change a tire.
cool.png

I've watched my BF do it, so I'm pretty sure I know how . . . but I've never had to, and I'd much prefer calling AAA. That said, if it means I have to sit on the side of the road for an hour, I'll probably tackle it.

Quote:
I was gonna say, P-nut, thought you were a guy all this time...
lol.png

You could've answered for you mom, sister or girlfriend. Glad you have the skills. Apparently, this is something I need to learn now.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom