That's perfect. Her comb looked very small, so for a second I thought it was a pea comb. But her comb is single. I got a Black Langshan from McMurray and her stance was not much better, but she had the sweetest disposition.
Mine is a very sweet border as well! Did yours also have the black comb?

Is that any better?

Is that any better?

Could it be that your bird is just now at age of maturity 22 weeks but physically not quite there yet? MM does sell standard breed Black Langshan. These birds just reach maturity at 22 weeks but this can be based on good nutrition and individual among birds. Maybe give it a couple more weeks. Comb and wattle coloring tends to come in last at age of maturity.

Could it be that your bird is just now at age of maturity 22 weeks but physically not quite there yet? MM does sell standard breed Black Langshan. These birds just reach maturity at 22 weeks but this can be based on good nutrition and individual among birds. Maybe give it a couple more weeks. Comb and wattle coloring tends to come in last at age of maturity.
Yes, you are probably right! I just have to be patient with her.

I was just reading that they are one of the slower maturing birds...

If you purchased that breed by your own selection I’m sure they sent what was requested. If you took an assortment and don’t know there are other black hens as possibility. If the last true you can send pic into Hatchery and request identification.

If you purchased that breed by your own selection I’m sure they sent what was requested. If you took an assortment and don’t know there are other black hens as possibility. If the last true you can send pic into Hatchery and request identification.
She came in an assortment.... But I will definitely look into sending a picture to the hatchery! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom