I plan to incubate more light sussex eggs from the same rooster and hens, so I am not as clueless at the beginning as to what the genders of the chicks will be, is there any way to identify male from female chicks. I know that there is a way to sex chicks as they would be sexlinks, could you do this based on their down colour and what colour would the males be and what colour would the females be if the father is a light sussex rooster and the mother either a black or Red ISA chook?

I plan to incubate more light sussex eggs from the same rooster and hens, so I am not as clueless at the beginning as to what the genders of the chicks will be, is there any way to identify male from female chicks. I know that there is a way to sex chicks as they would be sexlinks, could you do this based on their down colour and what colour would the males be and what colour would the females be if the father is a light sussex rooster and the mother either a black or Red ISA chook?
The father has to be red, with the mother being silver, to create that type of sex link.

Back
Top Bottom