Lighter-than-air pan rolls

Making a half batch right now, that's all my bread machine will hold for kneading. If they are as good as I hope they are there will be several more batches made over the next few days for the leftover ham sandwiches.

Im making a batch this afternoon. I make them with half whole wheat flour and I substitute honey for the sugar. They are absolutely outstanding.

And you can thank me for them being in the recipe book.... (pat pat pat....well, dont break your arm patting yourself on the back!!)...I badgered Katy to turn that recipe in, I knew it was a hit.

I made a double batch today.

2 pans of 15 rolls each
12 sub rolls for sandwiches tomorrow.

With the remaining dougn, I rolled it out to a large thin rectangle. I spread melted butter over it then folded it once in half to almost a square.

Spread melted butter on it and folded it once in half into a rectangle. I rolled it thin again and spread with butter. Folded again, spread more butter. I continued until I had a long narrow rectangle.

I cut 3 oz sections crossways (yeah I weighed them) and put in greased cupcake pans cut side facing up. Rose til double and baked at 375 for about 15 minutes until golden.

18_butterflake_001.jpg

O. M. G.
These rolls are totally awesome!!! Seriously they taste like the rolls Ryan's and Quincy's used to serve. I have been trying to figure out a reasonable copy for YEARS.... I just tasted it
droolin.gif

This has made my day!!!!!

And hubby's, I think he has eaten at least 8 of the 14 or 15 I made!

My almost 12 year old grandson ate 5 of them with our Christmas Eve supper tonight.
smile.png
That's always about the first thing he says when he walks in the door.....did you make buns? Glad you all like them.
smile.png

I am going to make a batch of these tomorrow.. Will post a photo "if" they turn out.. LOL cross your fingers for me
smile.png
In-laws are here and I want to impress them.. hehe

Back
Top Bottom