Little Lou

Try kitten food it’s usually smaller in size easier to eat. My drake is attached at the hip to his females but my females will venture off on their own bug hunting. So maybe Lou is female. Although should be laying by now too. :idunno
Actually none of our ducks lay...we’ve been told they are too happy by a bird expert in Wisconsin...he says they need to be cooped up more..we tried for a day..I was overwhelmed with sadness and couldn’t take it.

they are free range..but even if they are laying in difficulty places to see...we would have see some by now...we have 28 full aged hens. I quit worrying about it..we have tons of chicken eggs..we don’t sell them and just give them away.

Not good..he ate nothing last night in his pen...and he won’t come to me..which is hurting me sooo bad Because he is my dear baby...and every time I manage to get him...he won’t eat...or drink...I tried..in my arms..in the big pen..in a different pen..I tried treats I even tried soft can food..nothing worked. Very concerned

Not good..he ate nothing last night in his pen...and he won’t come to me..which is hurting me sooo bad Because he is my dear baby...and every time I manage to get him...he won’t eat...or drink...I tried..in my arms..in the big pen..in a different pen..I tried treats I even tried soft can food..nothing worked. Very concerned
I am sorry to hear about Lou. I had/have a similar situation with one of my ducklings Paco. He is 6 months now but I had raised him inside when he was 5 weeks he got pneumonia and I had to take him to vet and I successfully treated that but at same time he hand pneumonia he also suffered a foot injury and found out from vet that he has congenital heart disease. Paco has since been inside with me his whole life except during the day he goes with his duck friends, but he stays inside because he has a hard time keeping up with everyone else, he doesn't walk right from foot injury and unfortunately from the pneumonia, he may get it agian. So needless to say what I would do is try cat food, niacin and vitamin b complex like what miss Lydia has said and I would seperate him from the other ducks and keep him indoor so you can keep a closer eye on him. Maybe being inside in a warmer area would do him good as well.

Oh geez... I hope that’s not something like it..he doesn’t trust me right now and I don’t know how to get him apart without him being upset with me again and not eating...clearly today I bought the wrong cat food..I got the canned..since the loved the minnows from the pond..but the food was no hit with anybody..lol..I’ll get the kitten stuff tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom