Jul 12, 2017
This is my first incubated hatch - Based on the regulation of the humidity of this incubator throughout the last 17 days (day 18 begins tonight), I will have to open the incubator to keep the humidity up - any little tricks? if I put a WHOLE bunch of water in the humidity will soar, but then lower itself. I'm getting anxious - how do the rest of you with incubators that you need to lift the lid to put water in it do it? is there a trick or just work fast? I have a dropper and glass of water beside the incubator and started to raise the humidity now just to get things going a bit - idk what I'm doing :barnie

What type of incubator do you have? There should be a hole or air vent somewhere you can use with a syringe or tube to add water to it as needed.

It has small airhole vents at the top but none lead to the water container in the middle - it's a crappy incubator but it had good reviews so someone figured out a way to do something. I'm sorry I'm so new at this - I could get water in via those holes but it will be landing on the white pad thing and not in the center cup.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 9
It has small airhole vents at the top but none lead to the water container in the middle - it's a crappy incubator but it had good reviews so someone figured out a way to do something. I'm sorry I'm so new at this - I could get water in via those holes but it will be landing on the white pad thing and not in the center cup.

it really does not matter where it lands as long as it gets into it..IMHO

it really does not matter where it lands as long as it gets into it..IMHO
Thank you I think I'll go with that advice - also I'm thinking about locking down early bc they were shipped here and idk if the weather started incubation early - so it would only be about 8 hours early from the time according to my initial incubation - thoughts? Thanks so much for the advice!

That is a hard question to answer. We all have differing climates and conditions we hatch under. No two house even have the same humidity and temps.

That will be trial and error on your part. If the humidity has been good, it will not matter, if it was low a little early can help. If it was real low, nothing will help.

I have a hatch going on now too. I hate summer hatches, they are hard to control and it is really a crap roll as to the results. Well, for me here in Minnesota anyways.

That is a hard question to answer. We all have differing climates and conditions we hatch under. No two house even have the same humidity and temps.

That will be trial and error on your part. If the humidity has been good, it will not matter, if it was low a little early can help. If it was real low, nothing will help.

I have a hatch going on now too. I hate summer hatches, they are hard to control and it is really a crap roll as to the results. Well, for me here in Minnesota anyways.

I've kept the humidity 38-48 ish based on mixed reviews - I'm in central PA. It's honestly a confusing topic on humidity bc so many people have so many diff strategies - so I am just picking the middle ground of all the info I've been exposed to - trial and error. Candled them and all 6 were alive, hoping all make it out ok!

Back
Top Bottom