Just an update!! Since we put him back into the pond, he is doing excellent. He is walking normal.. maybe the slightest limp, but if you didn't know, you wouldn't be able to tell. They don't really go all the way out in the middle of the pond. They all love watermelon , corn , and peaches.. his foot looks ok.. you can tell up close there was massive trauma but it doesn't seem to bother him.. we watch him and he's doing good ..here they are the other day walking up for their food.. he's the one in the back

Attachments

• IMG_1822.JPG
    IMG_1822.JPG
    473.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1825.JPG
    IMG_1825.JPG
    581.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1839.JPG
    IMG_1839.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Unfortunately I experienced something MUCH like this even recently with one of my ducks. She's eating, drinking and getting around fine now but I'm still worried about the foot.
We found her by our pond and she just let us walk right up to her, and her foot was a bloody mess, and we do have snapping turtles as well. The turtle took a chunk out of the top of her leg, ripped the webbing up to the point of where the toes connect, broke one toe so there is something protruding from it, ripped away plenty of skin and even though the wound at the top of her leg is now closed, the skin of the foot looks scabby and stuff. No sign of infection, but she keeps dropping the splint so I'm probably just going to let her walk around without one. All the wounds have a hard covering now.

Back
Top Bottom