Pics
I started with one male baby muscovy in December that the owners didn't want. When he matured, I bought a full grown female, who happened to be broody when I brought her home. It was fun to see how excited he was to have a mate. At first it was strange because he didn't seem to know how to fertilize the eggs, so I figured all the eggs would be duds, I never saw them mating successfully. Somehow 4 of her 11 eggs hatched. So now around six months after my first male baby, I have a family of muscovys.

As a first time owner, they are very fun to have around. I don't name them, but if I did have to name the male it would be "Satan" because he is somewhat ornery to the female. They make the most interesting sounds and I do like to feed them at night, they love to eat whatever we cook for dinner.

20210514_072301.jpg

I started with one male baby muscovy in December that the owners didn't want. When he matured, I bought a full grown female, who happened to be broody when I brought her home. It was fun to see how excited he was to have a mate. At first it was strange because he didn't seem to know how to fertilize the eggs, so I figured all the eggs would be duds, I never saw them mating successfully. Somehow 4 of her 11 eggs hatched. So now around six months after my first male baby, I have a family of muscovys.

As a first time owner, they are very fun to have around. I don't name them, but if I did have to name the male it would be "Satan" because he is somewhat ornery to the female. They make the most interesting sounds and I do like to feed them at night, they love to eat whatever we cook for dinner.

View attachment 2668567
That’s awesome! I started pretty close to how you did but I got a full grown male first.

Just a couple from just now. My pied girl is still sore, but is feeling better than last night. Her sister is staying by her side ♥️

Attachments

• 4ECD86C4-315A-45F2-9AA5-7B4634504802.jpeg
    4ECD86C4-315A-45F2-9AA5-7B4634504802.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • A2096F61-92DC-48D1-9AE5-21817EEC197A.jpeg
    A2096F61-92DC-48D1-9AE5-21817EEC197A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
How can you not love a handsome guy like this. I have 10 Muscovies, 2 Drakes - Jack and Kitkat (pictured), and 8 females - Galaxy, Gracie, Mudpuddle, Onsie, Daphne, Dorothy, Quackers, and Spaz. They live happily together most of time, but I have to set up a second coop for KitKat and 2 of the girls during breeding season.
I sell the eggs but use the broody ducks to sit on peacock eggs.
KitKat.JPG

Back
Top Bottom