My Black Austrolorp, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Easter Egger and Buff Orpington

Gavrocks

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2017
Hi. I have four chickens that I got five days ago. I am not asking any questions, I am telling you about my flock. If anyone asks questions I will try to answer them.(sorry if I misspelled something)

Pine, my Black Australorp, is very beautiful because when the sun shines on her black wings they turn a little bit green. She lays about four to six eggs a week and they are very good quality eggs, the yolks are dark orange (the darker the orange the healthier and better)because we been feeding them grass, vegetables, and organic bird feed. She doesn't like it when you pick her up and when your hands slip down under her wings she flaps in your face. She also tries to get out a lot, so I recommend if you extend them in a fence beyond their coop that you watch them a lot for the first couple of days to make sure they escape. In fact, Stella once stuck her head through the metal fence that wasn't really connected to the wall yet and pushed it so the others could get out. I also recommend getting a high fence, because once my sister's friend who had chickens had the fence about a foot shorter than ours had a chicken jump out and get eaten by a dog. Overall, I would give pine a four-star rating.

Stella, my Silver Laced Wyandotte, is also very pretty because on her black wings she has white markings that make her stand out. Like Pine, she lays about four to six eggs a week and they are very good quality. She also doesn't like to be picked up and will flap in your face like pine. I give Stella a four star rating.

Cherry, my Easter Egger, is not the prettiest. she is grey and has a funky hairdo. but she lays four to six slightly green very tasty and great quality eggs a week. She does't mind when you pick her up and she won't flap in your face. She also sometimes won't run away from you, either. I give Cherry four and a half stars.

Sunny, my Buff Orpington, is a beautiful golden tan and lays four to six amazing eggs a week. She runs away from you and sometimes flaps in your face. She also can be a bit broody. I would give Sunny a four-star rating.

Nice chickens! Do you have any pictures?

You must be tired of me by now. ;) We have many other greeters, they just aren't on right now! :)

Omg, I have those exact breeds too! Although I have 19 total. 4 black Australorp pullets, 5 silver laced pullets 4 started laying a few weeks ago, 5 BO, 1 is a cockerel, 5 EEs 1 is a cockerel! All 21/22 weeks. That's so neat we have the same breeds!

Hi! :welcome. I also have an Australorp and silver laced Wyandotte..my Wyandotte isn't old enough to lay yet. We need pics we love pics here and never tire of hearing about others flocks!

Hello and welcome to BYC

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

I think when you have had them longer, they will become more socialized. Maybe if you bring them a treat now & then, it will help. The way to a chickens heart is through their stomach.

Hi there!
Welcome to BYC.
This video should help you find your way around the site better, enjoy!
Get settled in the share some pics of your flock.

I will try to get some pictures! Anyways, these really cute bunnys just moved inside the coop!!!

Back
Top Bottom