Black Australorp, Maran or…?

ShellisChicks

Hatching
Apr 9, 2024
TSC mixed up one of our chicks. She was supposed to be a Wyandotte and we know now that she is definitely not that. I’ve been leaning more towards australorp. But today she has new white dots toward the top of her wings.

Also, she grows faster than our buff orpingtons and silver wydanotte.

Anyone want to take a guess for me?

Attachments

• 4638EB52-4B5C-4746-88D9-F1F7F2FCECF7.jpeg
    4638EB52-4B5C-4746-88D9-F1F7F2FCECF7.jpeg
    633.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 402F05A8-F173-4B01-B9FF-22A3C96E9392.jpeg
    402F05A8-F173-4B01-B9FF-22A3C96E9392.jpeg
    643.6 KB · Views: 16
Pretty sure it's growing faster because it's a boy.

My australorp have slate legs not sure if that's just mine or if the yellow toes on yours is because it's a different breed.

It very well could be marans, though not the one with feathered legs.

Pretty sure it's growing faster because it's a boy.

My australorp have slate legs not sure if that's just mine or if the yellow toes on yours is because it's a different breed.

It very well could be marans, though not the one with feathered legs.
I am slightly worried about her turning out to be a boy. I thought I checked their wing shape when they were only a few days old, but “she” does act different from the others. I took them outside in a cage yesterday and she was very protective; looking around etc while all the others were foraging

she looks just like my "mystery chick" i got from tsc! mine was supposedly a black sex link but definitely doesn't look like one. mine is also growing bigger faster, I'm thinking she may be a jersey giant, maybe yours is too?

TSC mixed up one of our chicks. She was supposed to be a Wyandotte and we know now that she is definitely not that. I’ve been leaning more towards australorp. But today she has new white dots toward the top of her wings.

Also, she grows faster than our buff orpingtons and silver wydanotte.

Anyone want to take a guess for me?
Thats an australorp if I've ever seen one! Looks identicle to mine!

Back
Top Bottom