my chicken won’t walk nor eat

cadence

Hatching
Jul 13, 2019
A few nights ago my chicken plucked the majority of her feathers and was bleeding really bad. we put medicine on it and wrapped her in gauz. she was eating and drinking but couldn’t walk which we figured was due to the pain. a few days have passed and now she is not eating, drinking, or walking. please help!

Welcome to BYC.

Your chicken plucked her own feathers out or some kind of predator attacked her?

Can you post a few pictures of her?
How old is she?
Have you brought any new birds home in the last few months?

Welcome to BYC.

Your chicken plucked her own feathers out or some kind of predator attacked her?

Can you post a few pictures of her?
How old is she?
Have you brought any new birds home in the last few months?
she is 1year old and no new birds

Attachments

• 4A70A180-741D-410D-ADDB-C96C4E7CF164.jpeg
    4A70A180-741D-410D-ADDB-C96C4E7CF164.jpeg
    581.2 KB · Views: 17
yes we have one rooster
but at the time
This area where your bird is missing feathers looks like classic over mating/rooster damage.

Have you checked her well for lice and for mites at night with a flashlight?
oh wow I did not know that could be from the rooster! and yes we’ve looked and there are none since we put DE in their coop. what do you think is wrong with her leg?

Hopefully, she hasn’t injured her back. I would give some vitamins in her water for a few days. Or use Vitamin B complex (human) 1/4 tablet crushed daily into some egg or wet feed would be good. You can see mites or lice on the skin when parting feathers under the vent or elsewhere. If you find any use the permethrin once and again in 7 days to get lice or mite eggs.

Back
Top Bottom