My child has ACNE!!!!!!!!!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
th.gif
Alright, I am trying really hard not to hyperventilate here. He will be 12 the 30th of this month so I GUESS he is getting to "that" age? I have also noticed some really fine light hair (he is a very fair skinned blond) growing around on his tummy and under his arms so yes, I think that is it.

Anyway, it started with one or two now and then. I noticed the past few days a few more. Now there is a line down the middle of his face (about the width of packing tape) from forehead to chin. That entire area has pimples. Not covered, maybe 6 or 8 total. But I want his perfect, smooth, baby face back.

He showers daily and I constantly remind him to make SURE he carefully washes his face WELL!!! I have tried to encourage him to use my youngest son's tea tree shampoo and body wash (my youngest has eczema) but it smells "minty" and he loathes anything mint so he won't. I bought Clearasil pads to try for now.
hit.gif

I see so many young boys with HORRIBLE skin. It scares me!!!! Anyone had any experience with this?

LOL My brother is 14 and has acne pretty bad. Nothing he does will clear it up, just managing and time will be the deciding factor I think! I had okay acne when I was his age, but grew out of it by about 15.

Boys really seem to have a much worse problem than girls.....I think it is a testosterone thing. I know I am freaking out over something kinda minor....I guess, but all those poor boys with the severe acne I see. And you can tell they are clean kids. I am just scared it may get that bad!!!

One of my younger cuzin's had real, REAL bad zits til he was in his 20's, then he grew out of it I guess. I never really got it to bad, just a few now and then... Just lucky I guess LOL.

Diet can also be a factor in acne. But I have to agree on the hormone changes. That has some major affects too.

If you are that worried about it, you could try skinID.com I took the test to see what my acne score was. I'm sure it will help. I haven't tried it, though I really want to. Black heads, white heads, ACK! I don't have much, but it's enough to get me thinking about it
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Please see a dermatologist if it is causing him any issues at school. I had, and still have, acne and it can be resolved with meds. The only reason I'm not on Accutane is because it takes 6 months before it is out of your system and I may want another child before then. Most acne meds cause birth defects if a child is concieved during or immediately after the course of treatment. But I digress, it can cause social issues in school if not kept in check.

Back
Top Bottom