WildPrimal

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Hello everyone. I purchased a bag of flock party dried crickets to supplement my Rhode Island Red pullets' diets with some protein when they were about a month old. Initially, they went crazy for them. They loved these treats. Now my chicks they are 3 and a half months old and refuse to eat them! I have no idea why. I have a big ole bag of flock party crickets now that they just won't eat. Should I try mixing the crickets into other foods to make it look more appetizing? Has anyone had this issue before? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Like most animals and humans, diversity is preferred. My chickens went through that with warm oatmeal, but actually as they grow there taste develops so give them different things and inconsistently. That's what I've been doing since they were a month old. Also try to provide them with fresh greens, they might want the dried crickets afterward.

Oh try rehydrating the dried crickets, put really warm water in a bowl dump a small hand full of crickets, stir till they look water saturated, drain the bowl and give it the chickens.

Like most animals and humans, diversity is preferred. My chickens went through that with warm oatmeal, but actually as they grow there taste develops so give them different things and inconsistently. That's what I've been doing since they were a month old. Also try to provide them with fresh greens, they might want the dried crickets afterward.

Oh try rehydrating the dried crickets, put really warm water in a bowl dump a small hand full of crickets, stir till they look water saturated, drain the bowl and give it the chickens.

Thanks. I will try that

Back
Top Bottom