Mystery Frizzle chick, 3 months old

Mordigen

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2016
South Carolina
face001.jpg
I have a 3 month old mystery egg chick that is frizzle feathered, black skinned and has 5 toes. She/he is giving me a hard time when it comes to gender. We had 4 frizzles hatch that all looked very different. NO idea on the parents. I could gender the 3 with the normal skin but this one is confusing me. Any ideas of gender or breed cross?
IMG_20180123_175047.jpg
IMG_20180123_174814.jpg
IMG_20180123_175001.jpg

Hmm, maybe a Silkie cross. But I don't see leg feathering, and the only things pointing to that are the black skin, five toes, and the muffs. I don't think you have Cochin, there would be leg feathering. Other side, maybe EE? Thats a random guess, could be anything.

The oringinal frizzle is a black frizzled cochin, that is what started the frizzled business!!
Yes. I was there doing that. Had frizzled black cochins back when cochins were the only frizzled breed or least only one id heard of or ever located.
Sure back then they were just called frizzles but they weren't the frizzle breed. There's so many breeds that are frizzled now that you can't really try to call them a breed on their own like back in the late 70s or early 80s when I had them.
A frizzled mix breed, frizzled polish, frizzled cochin, etc are all just as much a true frizzle as the next.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom