Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Red barred?! Do show us!! Please!
big_smile.png

Here's my Turken, Nike!
Do your guys turkens blush too? She always blushes when she's excited! I don't know if they have to be SQ to post here but mine is from a hatchery.

Okay, but it will be the weekend or better before I can get them uploaded and posted.

Here's my Turken, Nike!
Do your guys turkens blush too? She always blushes when she's excited! I don't know if they have to be SQ to post here but mine is from a hatchery.

It's all okay.
Mine all all hatchery stock or the offspring of hatchery stock, and even got a few that are not pure for the NN gene. Just ask Kassaundra.

Okay, but it will be the weekend or better before I can get them uploaded and posted.

It's all okay.
Mine all all hatchery stock or the offspring of hatchery stock, and even got a few that are not pure for the NN gene.  Just ask Kassaundra.
I haven't seen many posts with SQ birds in this thread. Most seem to have bow ties. I know mine do!

It's all okay.
Mine all all hatchery stock or the offspring of hatchery stock, and even got a few that are not pure for the NN gene. Just ask Kassaundra.
She may not be pure, but she is lovely and smart!
love.gif

She may not be pure, but she is lovely and smart!
love.gif
From my understanding of genetics, as long as she is breed to a pure NN then she should only produce all NN, in others words she should be pure for the NN gene.
I think that is was only my rooster that was not pure for the NN gene. This red barred rooster that I'm keeping should be pure for NN as long as that is all that he is bred to.
Genetics experts correct me if I'm wrong on this.

From my understanding of genetics, as long as she is breed to a pure NN then she should only produce all NN, in others words she should be pure for the NN gene.
I think that is was only my rooster that was not pure for the NN gene. This red barred rooster that I'm keeping should be pure for NN as long as that is all that he is bred to.
Genetics experts correct me if I'm wrong on this.
She is getting big, I need to post some updated pics of her. So far I just have the one NN male (well actually two but one is going to be dinner) I have two barred (not pure for barred) NN one w/ a single comb and one w/ a rose, both get their barring from dominick heritage. I know standard is single comb, but I really prefer the smaller pea or rose combs. I also have a red female single comb, and just a couple of neck feathers not even enough to call a bow tie, I know nothing about showing and what would make her a "showable" chicken, but she may be. Could I get red barring if the barred boy mates w/ the red girl????

Okay so I guess there won't be any pictures of the Red Barred Naked Neck. Got home this afternoon and discovered that someone has stolen him along with 3 other chicks, one of which was a Polish. Haven't figured out what other two are missing.

Guess I'll have to start all over trying to get a red barred. If whoever stole them leaves the rest of them alone.

i posted this a few months ago,i want to make some mottled turkens (black and white)i just thinking first
a- to use exquecher leghorn,mottled java or ancona hens with a black or white turken roo

b- or black o white turken hens with exquecher leghorn,mottled java or ancona roo

c- black turken hen with white turken roo

d- white turken hen with black turken roo

e- white leghorn,white rock,white jersey giant hen over a white or black turken roo

f- black or white turken hen over a white leghorn ,white rock,or white jersey giant

please help me if somebody know that

Back
Top Bottom