Need help and opinions from all you backyard chicken keepers

kbow

In the Brooder
May 29, 2016
Ok so i need some help and opinions on what i should do. I started a thread about some hens that i believed had coryza that i got rid of right away however my rooster and 2 hens were immediately falling over sick a couple days later which i removed from the run, took the coop apart, disinfected EVERYTHING and put new pine shavings. The rest of my chickens are acting normal, laying, and their usual perky selves but a couple are snicking/sneezing without discharge and are not mouth breathing or acting like my other chickens that got ill. Could it be due to the disinfectant and new pine bedding atirring up dust? Ive been watching them for well over a week and they havent gotten anymore symptoms and havent gotten sick acting. They have been in quarantine and the other 3 were culled bc they were obviously ill and i took them out RIGHT AWAY. Im not medicating them bc i dont want to mask symptoms if they are truely ill bc i will cull before i infect my chicks that are an acre away and in the house. What would you all do? I dont want to cull if its due to dust/allergens, etc. But they are acting completely normal. I dont want to infect my flock if it is something. Also its only a couple sneezing/snicking and the others are perfectly normal. Aldo if it makes a difference we did go from in one week it was getting 40 degrees and shot up to 90 and humid. What do u all think?

Ok thank you for your input. So ill probably have to get rid of the rest that were outside and start over with the babies then huh? :'(

Back
Top Bottom