New Fabrics Today! Pics ~Hand Quilting Complete!! New Pics! ~

Thanks! Now, I need to find a good light colored marker so I can mark the dark colors on this quilt when it's completed. Pencils drag and pull on it, anything other than white or silver can't be seen. Any suggestions for a good quilt marker? I have disappearing blue and purple, but need something easily seen on the really dark fabrics.

That's beautiful. I just love the total effect! Great job on that one.
bow.gif
Cyn, I use the white chalk pencils to mark the dark fabric, (my pencil doesn't drag and forget what brand it was
hmm.png
) and you just rub it off with a wet washcloth. You're like a machine lately
lol.png
Can't wait to see it quilted.

Last edited:
Lots more to go before I can mark and quilt it. Am making some 12" blocks like the one below to become the next border, all same pattern, but perhaps a different shade for some of the colors. Need 16 blocks to make the next border, I guess.

DSCN0093.jpg

I hope I'm successful in making it not too bright or too dark. I don't want it to get too wild, but we'll see what happens as I go along. White was suggested by the person I'm making it for rather than black to set off the colors-I had shown him an Amish quilt with the Carpenter's Wheel medallion, and as you know, they use tons of black with jewel tones, which I love, but wasn't his cup of tea-- but I rarely use white in anything so I hope incorporate it without a problem.

I love those colors. They'll make a wonderful quilt. Be sure and show us a photo when it's finished. I'm working on a paper pieced grandmothers flower garden and another handpieced one with no name as the pattern was a table top and I'm making it a queen size quilt. It's in dark blues with a little red, green, off whites and browns. It's a six pointed star around a hexagone. Will try to get photos to post as soon as DH returns my camera.

Am making the 16 blocks for the next border and have a few finished. I placed them around the middle part to see how they'll look. I'm not sure about these. I rarely use white in quilts. Not sure if you guys can visualize it, but do they look weird to you? Or maybe it's just me. Its dark so no light coming in the windows-some of the gold in the star points isn't as orangey as it appears in the picture.

348_dscn0123.jpg

Quote:
I like the second placement so that none of the same colors are touching. I think it looks awesome. I love white in quilts. I always use a white on white. Very nice work as always
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your input. Guess I should ask the new owner of this quilt what he prefers. I'll do that when I get all the blocks in this border finished. I wasn't sure about the white since I never really use it. My whites and yellows are sorely lacking in my stash!

ARGH! Just ran short on white fabric! I have off-white, but need bright white. Geez, I hate being stopped in the middle of a project.
hmm.png

I like the blocks with the colors separated as in the second photo. But, I know what you mean about the white....I would have to run right back to the colors that you used in the medallion and second row, right after the white background row. Beautiful work and design!

Back
Top Bottom