New Horse saved from slaughter (New spring Pics)

I understand the horse slaughter situation--the fact that horrible things are happening to horses because horse slaughter was banned in the US. I don't think that slaughtering horses is the solution to too many horses, though, any more than it's the solution to too many dogs and cats.

I think overbreeding is really the issue. Too many horses, not enough people who want them and can afford to care for them.

That said, I am not in favor of slaughtering any sort of animal, so I suppose my perspectives are a bit different.

OP, no matter what anyone says I applaud you for rescuing your cute little paint guy!
smile.png

Last edited:
Wow, I think the OP was asking for name suggestions, not getting berated for rescuing a horse.

I like the name "Eclipse" that was suggested earlier. And good for you for rescuing that horse!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Give him a hug for me, and best of luck.

Thank you for sharing your great story. I vote for Lucky as well. Or wait and see what kind of personality he has, so he picks his own name.

You did this one good. Keep us updated with how he does.

Same with all the unwanted dogs and cats, I'm all for helping the rescues.

Rescue, take in, get free whats it matter it is one less horse, dog, cat that is starved abandoned, mistreated, or slautered. This lovely horse now has a loving caring home and a future. That in my book is a gold star for the good guys in this case the OP and friend. Its Xmas the season of good will kindness and charity, if you can i say Do it. I cant have and dont want a horse i wouldnt know what to do with it but I only have rescue dogs, more loving protective and loyal dogs i never have found. Im sure this horse will turn out to be a star in his own right and provide many years of pleasure to his new owners.

Lucky Star
Lucky because he was in finding you
Star because a Star led the way to a stable many years ago for those who believe.

This might sound like an odd one, but I have always thought the name "A Little Piece of Heaven" would be kinda cool for a horse, and since his rescue, he has been all up in a piece of heaven in his loving new home
smile.png
Its pretty long, so you would need a nickname for him, though

Last edited:
hes cute from what I can see,,but I am partial to paints..slaughter has its place,, it bothers me the babies that havent had a chance in life are the ones they want to most...but I also understand that other cultures eat horse..

Back
Top Bottom