Nurture Right 360 Incubator Okay?

Pics
IMG_0462.JPG

Fan cover?

There were reports of chicks being injured by sticking their heads/beaks up into the fan. The company is now providing a silicone cover that slips over the current fan guard. It adds a few more cross pieces so the chicks can't fit thru. Keep an eye on your chicks as they hatch.

There were reports of chicks being injured by sticking their heads/beaks up into the fan. The company is now providing a silicone cover that slips over the current fan guard. It adds a few more cross pieces so the chicks can't fit thru. Keep an eye on your chicks as they hatch.
Oh I did not know that. I guess I should look for that and keep a good eye on them.

Oh I did not know that. I guess I should look for that and keep a good eye on them.

Yes, i believe they may be adjusting the design, or automatically adding the cover for future units, so you may have one that is ok (and for future readers of this thread)
Here's a pic of mine with the cover added on.
WP_20180330_08_37_40_Pro.jpg

i cant seem to find any cover for it?

I am trying to figure out how to cover that up, even with chicks hatching. I am worried now

Last edited:
i cant seem to find any cover for it?

I am trying to figure out how to cover that up, even with chicks hatching. I am worried now

You have to request one from the company. Use their "Contact Us" page on the website.
In the meantime, I was considering putting a piece of plastic fence netting, or craft grid, or anything to tape over it that will still provide air flow. I had a plastic basket from the dollar store with holes in the side that I considering cutting up and using, but mine came from the company before I locked down.
Sorry to worry you, and others have had hatches with no issues, but still wanted to mention it.

You have to request one from the company. Use their "Contact Us" page on the website.
In the meantime, I was considering putting a piece of plastic fence netting, or craft grid, or anything to tape over it that will still provide air flow. I had a plastic basket from the dollar store with holes in the side that I considering cutting up and using, but mine came from the company before I locked down.
Sorry to worry you, and others have had hatches with no issues, but still wanted to mention it.
I made a grid system out of rubber bands, I watched my first little guy stick his head right up in the middle grid. I was like OH NO.....grabbed the lid before he stood up all the way. I hope I did not hurt them

Back
Top Bottom