Official BYC Poll: Where Do You Buy Your Feed From & Why?

Where do you buy feed (and explain why below)?

• Total voters
Pics
Two places. I'm lucky to have a feed mill nearby where I can get quality cow/goat feed at rock bottom prices. Their chicken feed however leaves much to be desired so I get chicken and horse feed at local Purina distributor that is mainly order only since their regular inventory is quite low. Both places are always fresh.

Two places. I'm lucky to have a feed mill nearby where I can get quality cow/goat feed at rock bottom prices. Their chicken feed however leaves much to be desired so I get chicken and horse feed at local Purina distributor that is mainly order only since their regular inventory is quite low. Both places are always fresh.
That IS super lucky.

I buy the chicken feed and horse feed from the local feed store. I'm far pickier about the horse feed than the chicken feed.
The dog has allergies so I order hers online.

I get my chicken, dog, and kitten food from the farm store D&B. It’s the only option nearby for chicken feed, and the grocery store doesn’t carry my kitten or dogs’ food, only the adult cat food. The D&B is the closest thing there is to a pet store around here. I’m way out in the country, everything is over an hour away.

Had to choose other. It’s not a feed mill, but the place I purchase from is a local Conway Feeds supplier. Switched from TSC as I was spending $400+ per month for everyone. Now get equal quality feed that’s always in stock for $265 per month. Normally I just pick up 5-50# bags of starter/grower 18.5% pellet every two weeks. Everyone does very well on it.

Dogs are raw fed. Premade raw diet (NW Naturals) plus filler meats. 4 dogs can cost an “arm and a leg” to feed raw. More like leg and a leg from venison actually :lol:

Had to choose other. It’s not a feed mill, but the place I purchase from is a local Conway Feeds supplier. Switched from TSC as I was spending $400+ per month for everyone. Now get equal quality feed that’s always in stock for $265 per month. Normally I just pick up 5-50# bags of starter/grower 18.5% pellet every two weeks. Everyone does very well on it.

Dogs are raw fed. Premade raw diet (NW Naturals) plus filler meats. 4 dogs can cost an “arm and a leg” to feed raw. More like leg and a leg from venison actually :lol:
Sounds awesome! I’ve never really had dogs (well, not large dogs. Just Chiweenies) to raw feed. But it sounds like a healthy lifestyle for them!

Back
Top Bottom