Official BYC Poll: Where Do You Buy Your Feed From & Why?

Where do you buy feed (and explain why below)?

• Total voters
Pics
I’m talking about poultry feed, dog feed, cat feed, etc! Where do you purchase it from?

Personally, I figured out it was in my pocketbook’s best interest that I buy at our local feed & seed! At TSC, I was paying $17.50 per 40lb bag of feed :eek: I can get the same thing (in a bigger bag) for less money at my local feed store. I get 4, 50lb bags of feed right at $48.50 from the feed store. That’s somewhere around 12 bucks per bag. I’ve probably saved hundreds since swapping.

Open discussion... Where do you buy your feed from, and why?

View attachment 2496605

(Check out more exciting Official BYC Polls HERE!)
Thats awesome you can support local. I am on the other side. My local feed store charges a SIGNIFICANT amount more than tractor supply for the same product. :-\ I have stopped going to my local store for most things now because of it.

Thats awesome you can support local. I am on the other side. My local feed store charges a SIGNIFICANT amount more than tractor supply for the same product. :-\ I have stopped going to my local store for most things now because of it.
I know what you mean! Some local small businesses charge way more for the same thing I can get at a Walmart for a cheaper price. I guess they have to make a profit somehow. :th

I know what you mean! Some local small businesses charge way more for the same thing I can get at a Walmart for a cheaper price. I guess they have to make a profit somehow. :th
Oh absolutely. I understand and am normally happy to pay a little extra for a more community experience and wish I could support them more as I do with other local businesses. But we are super humid here and TSC keeps their feed indoors and my local does not and it’s often got bugs. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’d buy certain things from them for sure. But at 20-30% the markup gets awful when it’s a more expensive product.

I don’t dislike TSC, and appreciate the jobs they provide the area and the expanded product availability because of their size, so it’s not the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom