View attachment 1871203
This is what I'm picturing. The large arrow looking things in the runs are the carport frames that currently hold game bird netting to keep flying things out.
In my dream world when not breeding I'd like to remove that line between the runs and let everyone mingle and have more space. Really no need. It's not like wire fencing is taking up lots of space, it just seems "nice".

The tree behind the new coop location may or may not be quite where I put it. I'd like it outside the fence so I can cover the run but close enough it provides shade. There is also a fallen tree and who knows what in a pile in the new run area. I'd look for garbage and let then keep the rest. They love the wood pile I left in the run for them now. And perching oddly on what plants they haven't killed...
View attachment 1871206

Looks like a good plan.

Instead of fully removing the in between fencing you could put a gate so open is mingle and closed is not. It would give you year round access too.....I'm case you needed to get to the other side real quick.

Looks like a good plan.

Instead of fully removing the in between fencing you could put a gate so open is mingle and closed is not. It would give you year round access too.....I'm case you needed to get to the other side real quick.
I have that green vinyl hex fencing. I was thinking of using that in between the runs. It doesn't need to be predator proof as long as the outside perimeter is.
Oddly enough that line of fence is a separate piece. The 1st roll ran out at that corner post. So I could detach fence there, anchor to new coop then use the fence as the front piece on the new run.

Wow, ya'll have been creative since iv'e been having an old lady day.
Iv'e taken two naps, one was even planned. Did a little coop improvement, put in a low impact ramp connecting the two sides.
Put an end on the roost but i'm going to have to do better, they want to roost on top of the roost end now.
The whole point was so the end bird didn't get pushed in the floor, so of course perching on top of the maybe 4"×2"×5" board I screwed on the end so the pushers don't even have to try is the answer.
At least the ramp is being used correctly, so far.:p

Good morning! Everybody is fed and out. Bob was first since he waits on the steps now, no idea when that squirrel wakes up but it must be super early.
The ramp had a decent success rate, it should improve over time always baby steps here anyway.

Well at least you know you've been neglecting us.:p
Good morning folks :frow Sorry I've been so absent, too much work... But going to try and do better.

That is a whole lot of state fair! Are the competitions complete yet? :)
I have to go back to state fair today, but I really don't want to. I was there for almost 13 hours yesterday. :th

Good morning folks.

The Milk Drinker is really strong. He can hold his head off the floor during tummy time for 5-10 minutes and yesterday he rolled from front to back 3 times. Twice one way and once the other. Thing 1 really wants to play with his little brother but he doesn’t know his own strength and gets a bit rough at times. He really does love him though.
6C9A708A-3A5A-409C-9DA9-8A363BDB5BC1.jpeg

@Texas Kiki @staceyj

Back
Top Bottom