I was just talking about raises with someone and she said how a 3% raise, which is pretty standard, doesn't even cover inflation. I haven't had a raise for my one job in at a least 5 years. I asked and the boss said ok but I didn't get it. I'll be reminding him again this week when I turn in my hours. Also annoys me that new hire makes the same as me. The same girl who in less then the year she has worked has taken 6 weeks vacation. Not paid but that's a strain on the other workers, mainly me.

I am gearing up to make pickles! I have not made them in decades.
So many cucumbers though....I don't want to waste those.

I grew some "green dragon" variety along with marketmore and telegraph pole. Kind of interesting the marketmore are the best producers but had lagged behind in growth for a long time.

Do you poke holes in the bottom of the sand boxes for drainage, or are they in a covered area?

Adorable!! They're such tiny peanuts.

:fl We had drizzly rain here yesterday.. the birds didn't seem to mind. It's not been like last year where everything was so damp that I had mold growing in the runs, but it's not dry.
The runs have covered areas, so they should stay dry.

Applied for a job at a college. There's some things I'd have to learn, but most of it is stuff I already do here. I got an email from our union about the negotiations.. Admin came with a "significant" increase for new employees and a 1% yearly raise. AYFKM? That's like 14 cents an hour & it doesn't say what happens to the rest of the scale, just refers to "new". 1% = $5 a week. No. I'm glad I started applying for a new job already. I talked to a lady here who said the place is going to fall apart when I leave. She's going to keep me updated about the fallout. of course that was just the first few negotiations and there is more to come, and I know that they start out low and expect to give in, but holy carp that's low.
The guy who basically taught me the foundation for everything I know is letting me use him as a reference which is great. He's fairly well known around the IT circles around here. He worked for our regional & did a lot of training in our little corner of the state for years.
One percent , is like a pay cut. I am sure inflation is more than that.

Back
Top Bottom