RJ glad to hear!! When it's cold we hang them for a few days as well... if FL it's not too cold that often. But when we were in Oklahoma we hung each one! Oklahoma wild pigs were also very different then florida wild pigs. Oklahoma have a wild domesticated mix pig
FB_IMG_1529198644140.jpg

And then here in Flrida we have true Razerbacks. Evil little suckers charge and chase you down!!!

Pigs are simply too intelligent for me. They plan and plot their escape and then execute it flawlessly. I'm just the dumb farmer who got out smarted. I'm a little worried about the pig I'm planning on for tomorrow. she knows the shotgun. When she ran off and terrorized the neighbors I came close to ending her. In the end, I pulled the shot and didn't. But she clearly knows what that thing looks like and what it does. Hopefully I can get her calm and eating feed before the fatal shot. And I need to get the angle just right. Last time I messed that up.

btw, I'd like to know the recipe you use for your brine. This is an 18 month old girl.

Oh geez...getting a motorcycle...my hubby collects trucks, used to collect motorcycles....I’ve been on many of those road trips!! :). We had a ton of snow..then it melted into ice..that was a BAD. Then it got warm and was gone. This week we got albout 6-7”over three days...now it’s bad..Chris just came back from plowing..took him more than 2hrs to do all our rental units...the snow is lit balls of ice.

Back from the trip to get the motorcycle. That was 3 hours spent in the buttcrack of a very hot place. 🤬
There was over ten miles of six lanes of traffic at a zero to 5 miles per hour. That was followed by at least 30 miles of the worst drivers EVER (6 lanes wide) just to get down there.
Hubs gets busted unloved bikes, fixes them and sells for a profit. This one is a 2010 Suzuki Boulevard in decent shape. It was free. Once the electrical is sorted out and the bike gets a good cleaning it should sell easily for 5-6 grand. I cannot complain about that at all.
We have our Harley Davidsons in the garage. My avatar is my trike. ;)

When we got back we loaded River for her bi-weekly trip to Jax and Home Depot. She is a BIG hit both places. It also helps keep her acclimated to random activity and odd noises around her.
Her dad was very skittish and we want to keep her off that track.

Bob, I do not envy you dealing with smart pigs. :hugs

Pigs are simply too intelligent for me. They plan and plot their escape and then execute it flawlessly. I'm just the dumb farmer who got out smarted. I'm a little worried about the pig I'm planning on for tomorrow. she knows the shotgun. When she ran off and terrorized the neighbors I came close to ending her. In the end, I pulled the shot and didn't. But she clearly knows what that thing looks like and what it does. Hopefully I can get her calm and eating feed before the fatal shot. And I need to get the angle just right. Last time I messed that up.

btw, I'd like to know the recipe you use for your brine. This is an 18 month old girl.
Good luck. We have a Hampshire that’s getting pretty big. Slim Jim. He’s sweet but, he got out awhile back and we weren’t prepared. Ugh

We soak them for about 2 days in a ice salt and white vinegar brine, rinse and add more ice the second day. We soak it atleast a whole night or whole day in the Vinager and salt before we rinse, it pulls all the gamey taste and blood out. We use a rifle.. the one in the photos is a 17hmr rimefile(we could only use rimfile on the HUGE area we could hunt) one shit to the ear... just dropped instantly. No meat was hurt.

Back from the trip to get the motorcycle. That was 3 hours spent in the buttcrack of a very hot place. 🤬
There was over ten miles of six lanes of traffic at a zero to 5 miles per hour. That was followed by at least 30 miles of the worst drivers EVER (6 lanes wide) just to get down there.
Hubs gets busted unloved bikes, fixes them and sells for a profit. This one is a 2010 Suzuki Boulevard in decent shape. It was free. Once the electrical is sorted out and the bike gets a good cleaning it should sell easily for 5-6 grand. I cannot complain about that at all.
We have our Harley Davidsons in the garage. My avatar is my trike. ;)

When we got back we loaded River for her bi-weekly trip to Jax and Home Depot. She is a BIG hit both places. It also helps keep her acclimated to random activity and odd noises around her.
Her dad was very skittish and we want to keep her off that track.

Bob, I do not envy you dealing with smart pigs. :hugs
Glad you’re home safe. Glad you got a great deal, sorry the ride was so tough. That is hard. Hope River had fun :)

Glad you’re home safe. Glad you got a great deal, sorry the ride was so tough. That is hard. Hope River had fun :)

Me too! He is pretty happy to have a nice easy to fix bike. It is a good money making hobby for him. River soaks up all the attention so she had a blast.

Spent all afternoon editing documents on my computer. I feel like my brain is about to leak out of my eyeballs. 😵 Gonna go make dinner and maybe bake some muffins for tomorrow.

All the letters had to be running together after all afternoon editing. :caf

What kind of muffins??? :drool
I will be making some here. I want pumpkin apple with a yummy crumbly top.
Yeah I can only have half a muffin but it will be SO VERY WORTH IT.

Back
Top Bottom