Ok, so now I want some! I love Speckled chickens.
My Incubator came today! And I assembled it.
View attachment 2072880
I wouldn't have recommended that incubator. I have two of the 56 egg ones that I had to convert with incukits. One never worked properly and the other gave up the ghost after 3 hatches. If you are going to use it as is, watch it like a HAWK! Save the styrofoam packing too. These lose heat like nothing else. I have reflective bubble wrap taped to the tops of mine. They do make great self build cabinets though. Look at the franken-bator links in my signature.

I still have my old incubator:
Sorry, I couldn't resist :oops: canna and 2 chicks.JPG

I wouldn't have recommended that incubator. I have two of the 56 egg ones that I had to convert with incukits. One never worked properly and the other gave up the ghost after 3 hatches. If you are going to use it as is, watch it like a HAWK! Save the styrofoam packing too. These lose heat like nothing else. I have reflective bubble wrap taped to the tops of mine. They do make great self build cabinets though. Look at the franken-bator links in my signature.
Sigh, a friend of mine recommended it. Bummer. Well, maybe I will get lucky.

Update: two of the three hens from the neighbors farm, are Beautiful EE's, the other one is some kind of wildfowl mix. I want to keep them, but I'm no chicken thief. I will just let them scratch with my flock. They are not trained like mine are. NOPE, they cannot sleep in my coop tonight!!!:confused:
OK friends, final update: The three wayward hens are back home to their own flock. They had their worms from my yard, but are now safe in the neighbors "very grateful" hands! I'm glad too, Just bringing them back and seeing him reunited with his beloved birds, was priceless!
:wee:yesss:

Good morning! Im first for sure today but im not proud.
I fell asleep watching teen wolf and eating pizza rolls, i rolled on a roll and it almost exploded fully in my ear.
Nearly scared me to death lol
So one 4;30 bath later, here I am.
Got the dollhouse closer to completion, chickens still don't have a coop so they're houseguests for now.:)
20200402_192437.jpg
20200402_192449.jpg
20200402_192459.jpg
20200402_192510.jpg
20200402_192519.jpg
20200402_192529.jpg
20200402_192628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom