My husband never had duck eggs, now he wants to eat them all! I have one neighbor who has been asking me if I was going to sell her some since last fall, she finallllly gets some now! :lau

Most people around here didn't want duck or turkey eggs. It was weird to me that people think the eggs won't taste good. And they are great for baking.

Good morning 'Watchers! Spring is almost here, 4 duck eggs from my 4 ducks yesterday!
My goobs are on strike. 🧐

They want/need more greens and some out time. This week will be a BUSY one with our better temps. I will be coming up with short fences around my raised beds before they get to play to much.

My goobs are on strike. 🧐

They want/need more greens and some out time. This week will be a BUSY one with our better temps. I will be coming up with short fences around my raised beds before they get to play to much.
I gave mine some Burmuda grass hay, they like it. They have no choice, there never has and never will be any grass in their area. Too much shade, and it is 5 degrees colder than anywhere else here, a frost pocket low by the creek. Ducks love it!

I got my greenhouse put together and moved into the tarden yesterday. This morning i didnt see it. It had flipped over to the other side of the garden. Apparently it was windy last night. I put a bag if potting soil on one side and my leftover DE on the other. Hopefully that'll help until I get it filled with pots. We do get pretty windy this time of year though. I came with tie downs that Im reluctant t move because hubs will run them over with the mower. I stopped using the DE once I heard its terrible for bees. What can I use it for though? I hate to waste things.

I got my greenhouse put together and moved into the tarden yesterday. This morning i didnt see it. It had flipped over to the other side of the garden. Apparently it was windy last night. I put a bag if potting soil on one side and my leftover DE on the other. Hopefully that'll help until I get it filled with pots. We do get pretty windy this time of year though. I came with tie downs that Im reluctant t move because hubs will run them over with the mower. I stopped using the DE once I heard its terrible for bees. What can I use it for though? I hate to waste things.

If you post a pic of your greenhouse there may be a way to "secure" it so it is mower resistant.

DE.....yeah such hype on it and it's hard to justify risking the bees by using it.

Maybe as earwig control around the bottom of rows of corn?

I put it under the sink and in the crawl space to control ants, crickets and roaches -- with which Arizona is well populated! I think it helps.

Back
Top Bottom