Totally! Yes she is more trouble than she is worth. Right now she is booted to the run while everyone else is in the coop.
She was bugging Jackie in the nest when I took a "salad" to the quackers.

I am going to have to deal with her before long I am afraid.
I used to make Pressure Cooker Chicken dog food from some not dinner worthy Leghorn bad roosters. Just roughly pluck and gut, into the big pressure cooker with 4 cups water. 1/2 to 3/4 hour cooking, cool and add rice. Cook until rice absorbs all the water. Dogs can eat the soft bones of feet, neck and all. It is like the soft fish bones in canned salmon. Dogs love it!

I used to make Pressure Cooker Chicken dog food from some not dinner worthy Leghorn bad roosters. Just roughly pluck and gut, into the big pressure cooker with 4 cups water. 1/2 to 3/4 hour cooking, cool and add rice. Cook until rice absorbs all the water. Dogs can eat the soft bones of feet, neck and all. It is like the soft fish bones in canned salmon. Dogs love it!

There certainly isn't much meat on a leghorn pullet. :hmm

Just a little snow, already melting. Here is the runner, she is laying every day, nice large light green egg.

Attachments

• IMG_5492.JPG
    IMG_5492.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 2
  • Runner.JPG
    Runner.JPG
    506.8 KB · Views: 2
Dh took the youngest grand to VPK this morning. They decided they're going to pull a prank on her teacher. Awhile back, the teacher gave each of her students a small stuffed dog. It's cute, and grand really loves it. She got a box, and made a dog house for it, got a couple little plastic bowls, cut up blue construction paper to fill one with water, and she cut up brown construction paper for the other bowl, as food. She got a smaller box, put in a washrag, to make a bed for it.

Yesterday, one of the kids took their stuffed dog to school. Grand was telling grandpa that she too wanted to take her stuffed dog to school. Grandpa told her that it hasn't grown much, and the teacher might think she's not taking care of it very well. When she gets home today, the pair of them are going to scour the internet, in search of a large stuffed dog, that resembles the one the teacher gave her. She'll take it in, and tell the teacher it eats a lot, and is growing up just fine.

Back
Top Bottom