Pics
XMAS BUNNY BUTT

giphy.gif

...............................cause I can! :gig

Thank you!!!
The cake was not lemon flavored enough, it also fell during cooling. The falling made it really heavy and dense.

I was bummed enough not to even waste ingredients on a glaze.

Hubby just informed me he is going in early tomorrow.
Imma go to bed so I don't wake him later.

See you all tomorrow.
Can you cut it up and toss some lemon pudding w/ it and make a trifle, or just 'frost' it with some pudding?

I ended up tossing in a couple bags of frozen okra into the pot of beef stew last night. Was SO good!
I haven't tried okra in a stew before. Sounds like a good idea! Tuesday night is our long dance night so we had pizza & tonight will be left over pizza... I ordered too much pizza, as always.
Morning everyone. :bun Bunny butt cause I could. :cool:

Lots of chores today......most involving some sort of poop. :sick
Cat boxes get a double :sick:sick.
I will be clearing out the Cochin coop and applying a permethrin spray. Then leg treatments start tonight.

Today 50's tomorrow mid 70's. Tomorrow would be more pleasant but I don't want to put things off.

Well I best get busy. I will pop in throughout the day.
Are you spraying b/c of mites, or is this preventative... haven't been back to the old post yet so I probably missed something. I'll be digging around in poop later too... Odin's the only one who doesn't have a poop board & I need to figure out something b/c his spot smells.
I'm soooo jealous about your mid 70's we're supposed to be mid 40's.. I take back everything I said about summer being too hot!

8 weeks. She started seizing or something. I was about to cull her, but just couldn’t do it. Hubby did wake up and do it for me.
I had her wrapped in an old hand towel and told him to leaver her wrapped in the towel and I would dispose of her. He wouldn’t use the OLD towel, that is wasteful! Nevermind I have 2 trashbags full of old hand towels!!!! So I gave hima handfuld of papertowels to wrap her up and he left her in a plastic bag “hanging on the walkway fence.” He is barking orders for son to grab all the bathroom trash bags (we are trying to get out of the house for school!!!!), leaves a full bag of trash by the backdoor, ds has poop on his shoe from yesterday, and I find a bloody bag and obviously Cry Baby is not wrapped well in the papertowels hanging on the fence!!!! Too much for me this morning!!!!!!
I'm so sorry for you baby! I hope your day gets better!

I know My Pet Chicken says chicks ship Monday and do not call them unless they are not delivered by Thursday. Can they go this long without food and water??? This is killing me. I got my last shipment the following morning (like 18 hours).
Supposedly it's 3 days living off the yolk. I'd just make sure you have everything ready for them and be ready to warm them up. IDK how cold it is there but I'd be worried that they'd get too cold during shipping. That happened to me last spring, though it was much colder (low 20's overnight) and 9 of the 11 died.

Pretty sure we have all been there! I've randomly burst into tears several times in the last 2 weeks. Too much going on!
Not quite in tears, but yes.. too much going on. My poor elderly cat went to the vet on Monday. $200 later she has a thyroid problem & needs daily meds. I was worried they were going to say I needed to put her down. The dr actually said she was much better than she looked and that he expected. He thought her kidneys were failing when he first saw her. But she's ok.. her hear murmur is loud, but he said should be ok w/ the meds for at least a little while. I hate revisiting this issue every couple months, not as much as she does, I'm sure. AND she managed to throw up on the way there, and poop on the way back. Animals really put you to the test.

Morning (ish) everyone!

@21hens-incharge sorry your cake didn't work out!!! That is such a let down. Here is a link to my favorite lemon pound cake if you ever want to try a new recipe some time.
https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/04/lemon-yogurt-anything-cake/
There is also a grapefruit version on the same site that is really good.
One trick I learned for citrus flavored cakes is, before you start making the batter, add your citrus zest directly to the granulated sugar. Use your fingers to sort of rub the zest into the sugar. It will help release the citrus oils and improve flavor.

@Sassysouth sorry the morning got off to such a terrible start!!!:hugs
:hugs:hugs I am sending good vibes, best wishes, and prayers that your little fluff balls arrive soon and in good shape!!!

@Smuvers Farm Thanks for the holiday cheer. I love it!!!

Not quite in tears, but yes.. too much going on. My poor elderly cat went to the vet on Monday. $200 later she has a thyroid problem & needs daily meds. I was worried they were going to say I needed to put her down. The dr actually said she was much better than she looked and that he expected. He thought her kidneys were failing when he first saw her. But she's ok.. her hear murmur is loud, but he said should be ok w/ the meds for at least a little while. I hate revisiting this issue every couple months, not as much as she does, I'm sure. AND she managed to throw up on the way there, and poop on the way back. Animals really put you to the test.

Sorry your kitty is sick!!!! Glad to hear the vet was able to do something for her though. You are a champion for going through so much trouble to make sure you fur baby gets what she needs :hugs:hugs:hugs Hope you get some thank you snuggles in return

@apryl29

@FlyingNunFarm got me looking at feathered footers yesterday. Checking for leg mites on her pretty baby and one of my old girls looks icky. Not caked like the pics online but lots of lifted scales. Treating is to remove any offensive nasties.

Hugs for your old kitty.

Yes we are having unseasonably warm temps here. I don't mind at all.
:yesss:

I can get the windows washed tomorrow and other outside stuff.

I will have to explore trying a different lemon cake. Of course pineapple upside down is always good too. :drool

Well off to clean more poops up. :sick

Thank you!!!

Can you cut it up and toss some lemon pudding w/ it and make a trifle, or just 'frost' it with some pudding?

I haven't tried okra in a stew before. Sounds like a good idea! Tuesday night is our long dance night so we had pizza & tonight will be left over pizza... I ordered too much pizza, as always.

Are you spraying b/c of mites, or is this preventative... haven't been back to the old post yet so I probably missed something. I'll be digging around in poop later too... Odin's the only one who doesn't have a poop board & I need to figure out something b/c his spot smells.
I'm soooo jealous about your mid 70's we're supposed to be mid 40's.. I take back everything I said about summer being too hot!

I'm so sorry for you baby! I hope your day gets better!

Supposedly it's 3 days living off the yolk. I'd just make sure you have everything ready for them and be ready to warm them up. IDK how cold it is there but I'd be worried that they'd get too cold during shipping. That happened to me last spring, though it was much colder (low 20's overnight) and 9 of the 11 died.

:hugs sorry about your kitty.... I know the deal with daily meds... we adopted Buddy, who has to take seizure meds 2xs a day.... not a terrible PIA unless he wants to be stubborn and doesn't want his peanut butter or his little sausage with the pill inside it...

My okra is still growing! Convinced DH to let me pull up half of it. Couldn't bring myself to kill off Jack's giant okra tree though. Might leave it there all winter.

I REALLY need to grow okra..... we go through it like water around here during the winter and autumn. Can you send a pic of Jacks giant okra tree?!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom