Have a crazy story!
I played winter roulette and was hoping for very little snow. I was not prepared for more then "very little". I shoveled once and thought I was going to die. My driveway is a good 200'. Plan was a snow thrower but that didn't happen.

So....big storm hits. Lots of snow. I'm not going anywhere. I couldn't find my driveway. See a FB post that people will plow for $10 if you set up a day ahead. (More for longer driveways) I ask about 200' ($35) and honestly if they would have said $50 I would have said yes.
I tell them no hurry. By Monday before 1 is fine. Come to think of it I guess I should have specified pm.
I'm laying in bed and I swear I hear a plow. Low and behold in the dark the poor guy is trying to plow my unmarked, solid drift of a driveway!
I felt so bad he's plowing blind at 12:45. I risk it and text the number "coffee?"
I get a message back! Poor person is just dispatch but did ask the driver. Said they were good on coffee and apologized because he was having a hard time (no markers) and they were late.
I explain I work odd hours and said it's my fault the driveway isn't marked. Don't worry about being fancy, I just need to get my car out. Then I offer eggs.
I got a new egg customer at 12:55 am. :lauLots of exclamation points about getting eggs. They will take some right away if I have them.
So I sent the driver away with a free dozen. And I forgot to mention not a single egg is white. :gig

Last edited:
Have a crazy story!
I played winter roulette and was hoping for very little snow. I was not prepared for more then "very little". I shoveled once and thought I was going to die. My driveway is a good 200'. Plan was a snow thrower but that didn't happen.

So....big storm hits. Lots of snow. I'm not going anywhere. I couldn't find my driveway. See a FB post that people will plow for $10 if you set up a day ahead. (More for longer driveways) I ask about 200' ($35) and honestly if they would have said $50 I would have said yes.
I tell them no hurry. By Monday before 1 is fine. Come to think of it I guess I should have specified pm.
I'm laying in bed and I swear I hear a plow. Low and behold in the dark the poor guy is trying to plow my unmarked, solid drift of a driveway!
I felt so bad he's plowing blind at 12:45. I risk it and text the number "coffee?"
I get a message back! Poor person is just dispatch but did ask the driver. Said they were good on coffee and apologized because he was having a hard time (no markers) and they were late.
I explain I work odd hours and said it's my fault the driveway isn't marked. Don't worry about being fancy, I just need to get my car out. Then I offer eggs.
I got a new egg customer at 12:55 am. :lauLots of exclamation points about getting eggs. They will take some right away if I have them.
So I sent the driver away with a free dozen. And I forgot to mention not a single egg is white. :gig
I love everything about this story? Yay!

Good morning! 20 degrees so i'm dying! Heathens are fine though.:lau
Have a crazy story!

Aww, you're a sweetheart Nunny!:love

Have a crazy story!

That is awesome! I am very glad you were not out there shoveling!
Getting a new egg customer is icing on the cake.
:woot

Good morning, all! :caf

It's 10 out, with wind chill it's -11.

All the chickens made it! The garage chickens don't even want to come out of their coop and it's 39 out there. Spoiled!

I hate this freezing cold. Can't wait till it goes back to normal winter temps on Tuesday. How did you all fare? Hopefully, nobody lost any critters!:fl

Morning everyone!

I am hoping everyone is safe and warm, including critters.

Pumpkin muffins and banana bread are in the oven. Coffee is ready. Juice, milk, and a fruit plate are in the fridge.
Still running on store eggs. :(
I forgot to thaw the bacon out so that's tomorrow.
I’d love a pumpkin muffin actually.

Back
Top Bottom