Windy here too! I had planned on cleaning out the coop today but that would have been like pissing in the wind. I let them out till it started snowing then they were all hiding inside anyway.
I did bust out my new sewing machine! Got a new chicken saddle made. Trying shoulder protection too. Got a pullet with a busted blood feather. Looked like a crime scene. I'll have to try it on her tomorrow.

Windy here too! I had planned on cleaning out the coop today but that would have been like pissing in the wind. I let them out till it started snowing then they were all hiding inside anyway.
I did bust out my new sewing machine! Got a new chicken saddle made. Trying shoulder protection too. Got a pullet with a busted blood feather. Looked like a crime scene. I'll have to try it on her tomorrow.
Did you pull out the feather so it stops bleeding?

Hey everyone. It’s been rather quiet in here this afternoon/evening. Are any of you in Ohio or WV experiencing this nasty wind storm? We were without power from 1:30 this afternoon until 8:45. We got Thing 1 in bed early, as well as ourselves. Fortunately, we have lanterns and backup batteries for our cell phones. So we were able to keep ourselves amused with cards (virtual and real) as well as audio books. It didn’t hurt any that I napped through the first 2 hours of the outage. Hopefully, it doesn’t go back out again tonight because it is still rather windy, but we were at least able to flush some toilets/take showers and plug battery packs back in.

We were without power from 5 pm until about 9:30.

Terrible wind here in Ohio.....Its supposed to start to subside after midnight.

Wind is still whipping around here in central PA. We're pretty sheltered here in our little valley but close enough to the ridges to hear it whipping through the trees. Thankfully, we didn't lose power. I have too many brooders going right now!

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of a BYC member. I've also never met him but it's still very sad to hear :(

Morning folks :frow

We had the wind yesterday and the cold today. Woke up without internet. Finally got it back up.

Hi Rae.
It's been a weird day.
We lost a BYC member that although I did not get to meet in person I considered a friend. He left us way to suddenly and WAY to early.

Other than trying to wrap my head around his passing I have been doing stuff around the house.

Sorry about your power outage.
:hugs:hugs

I never encountered him on this site. It’s sad when someone dies unexpectedly.

It is still gusty here. We just had a gust that shook the entire house. I hope it subsides soon. I’m having trouble getting to sleep.

We are in for the wind this week then snow on Saturday.

He had moved to Texas shortly before you joined Rae. When he moved he became a more active in BYH and less active here since he was getting goats.

Yeah, it is always sad to lose someone.

I am hoping today goes well for everyone.

Hi.

I would like to come back now. Miss you all.

~Smuver
OH.MY.GASP! Glad to see you're still alive & kickin.

Hey everyone. It’s been rather quiet in here this afternoon/evening. Are any of you in Ohio or WV experiencing this nasty wind storm? We were without power from 1:30 this afternoon until 8:45. We got Thing 1 in bed early, as well as ourselves. Fortunately, we have lanterns and backup batteries for our cell phones. So we were able to keep ourselves amused with cards (virtual and real) as well as audio books. It didn’t hurt any that I napped through the first 2 hours of the outage. Hopefully, it doesn’t go back out again tonight because it is still rather windy, but we were at least able to flush some toilets/take showers and plug battery packs back in.
We've had a lot of wind whipping around, but only 'lost power' 2x for less than a minute each, though areas around us lost it for several hours. Better to lose it power now than a few weeks ago when it was below 0. Sounds like you guys were prepared. Did you end up w/ any wind damage?

Sounds like we all got pounded by the wind and now our temps are sinking fast - here we go again :plbb
Same. It's gotten quite old to have this roller coaster going on. I just want to be warm and have dry feet again.

Wow. Just... wow. I can't even. I mean.. this cannot be real. I get letting them do what they please during the day b/c people do that, but to not put them away at night? So from what I'm understanding, they didn't have a run for them, just the coop and they were locked in there all day long, right? So now they're all :eek: b/c they have a better life being able to go outside? Some people shouldn't have animals. ever.

Back
Top Bottom