Oh! Also my family moved this year to Colorado... Guess that's a pretty big thing :p It's interesting spending senior year at a new high school. There are some cool opportunities around here, but I'm definitely missing some folks. Also, I have to say, this dang desert is too sunny all the time!!! Where have the clouds gone? I need raaaiiiinnnn!!!!

We are getting a drizzle here today. :confused:

Yes the desert is definitely very sunny, dry, brown, sparce, and at times depressing.
I agree we need more regular rain.

Are you north or south of Denver?

Down by Castle Rock gets a lot more rain then we do North of Denver. Lots of great stuff down that way too.

It will grow on you. :p

I don't get down that way much at all (like ever) but there is a place that has neat caves...garden of the gods I think it is called. It makes for an interesting day trip. I do recommend going when it is hot out. The caves are a tour thing and chilly inside.

Oh and you should see more hummingbirds there too.

Last edited:
My bus takes me by garden of the gods every morning on the way to school. I have to admit, it's pretty cool to be able to see cool natural landmarks like Pikes Peak on the way to school. As much as I'm bellyaching, I actually am enjoying myself. I'll just be glad to get somewhere more humid :p

My dad is pretty happy about the blue uniforms! It made it way easier to go to his 20th USAFA reunion this weekend.

My bus takes me by garden of the gods every morning on the way to school. I have to admit, it's pretty cool to be able to see cool natural landmarks like Pikes Peak on the way to school. As much as I'm bellyaching, I actually am enjoying myself. I'll just be glad to get somewhere more humid :p

My dad is pretty happy about the blue uniforms! It made it way easier to go to his 20th USAFA reunion this weekend.

You moved to a pretty area if you go past that every morning.

Do be careful of random Coyotes down there though. We hear reports up here of them being rather bold, unafraid and scary down there.

I am on the east side of town so don't see them here but I know they are on the west end.

Yeah, we've seen a couple. More freaky are the deer. They're all over the place, and you have to be careful not to offend them or you might get attacked. A far cry from meek NY deer. At least the bears aren't as bad!

Deer or Elk?

The Elk are very dangerous during mating season.
Those big bulls will charge! :th

Estes Park has them all over in town. Lots of people get way closer than they should up there.

Back
Top Bottom