Oh and one MORE thing......the same item in brand A can vary greatly to brand B in how much carbs there are.

Example.....
Chocolate ice cream turkey hill is 30+ grams of carbs while Kroger is ~20 both have a serving size of 1/2 cup.

Sherbert is ~33 grams of carbs per 1/2 cup serving too.
Sugar free does not mean low carb either.
I have been eating a can of pineapple every night. :oops: Used to be berries from my place. No more
Green beans are on my intolerant list... I have been eating dried beans.
Rarely have dairy free ice cream

Lately I tend to eat one thing in a meal... like a whole can of pineapple, a bunch of eggs. a can of chill beans.... portion control is a issue. :oops:

I have been eating a can of pineapple every night. :oops: Used to be berries from my place. No more
Green beans are on my intolerant list... I have been eating dried beans.
Rarely have dairy free ice cream

Lately I tend to eat one thing in a meal... like a whole can of pineapple, a bunch of eggs. a can of chill beans.... portion control is a issue. :oops:

Yeah having other diet restrictions certainly makes things hard. :hugs

The dried beans and chili beans are high carb. :(
I had a 2/3 cup serving of chili with hamburger, chili beans, tomatoes and onion. It shot me up 100 points on my meter. :(:(

Good afternoon lovely, normal, wonderful peoples!
Im late, because im dumb.
Neighbor's computer crapped out and I offered to help.
Five hours later, im here...it isnt fixed either, really she should just put it down.:)

I'll send you a few to snack on if you want some Chooky.:p
:hugs

I am missing some bugs. Annoying but not as traumatic as eating one.

It was a leaf hopper and it basically committed suicide.
I was dragging a tree piece had my yap open and in it went.
Go ahead and tease me, I promise you i'll survive.:lau
:eek:
Was it a big bug?
Flying bug?

I was going to tease you but that wouldn't be nice.

Ok so I pulled a can of chili beans out.....

1 can = 3.5 servings each having 22 grams of carbs. So a full can (15.5 oz) = ~80 grams of carbs.

For me (on meds) I have to stay under 15 grams per meal or I spike.
Yes very limiting.
Even then some foods spoke more than others.
Pumpkin seeds ... 1 teaspoon on a bed of lettuce zero dressing shot me up 130 points.

Each person will handle things a bit differently too.

That's the real rub....no "diet" that fits everyone. Just have to find what spikes and avoid/limit those things. OH and that tends to change too. :hmm

Last night I are an entire 3" potato with dinner and did not spike while a serving 1/2 that size has sent me through the roof other times.
:barnie

Well I am off to watch puppies. :p

1 can = 3.5 servings each having 22 grams of carbs. So a full can (15.5 oz) = ~80 grams of carbs.

Yes very limiting.
Pumpkin seeds ... 1 teaspoon on a bed of lettuce zero dressing shot me up 130 points.

That's the real rub....no "diet" that fits everyone. Just have to find what spikes and avoid/limit those things. OH and that tends to change too. :hmm

Last night I are an entire 3" potato with dinner and did not spike while a serving 1/2 that size has sent me through the roof other times.

My chill beans is 21 for a serving and I usually eat the whole 3.5 servings.
This will be interesting to adapt. :he

Now I need test strips.
ETA Mom had a meter, but it keeps saying the strips are expired. She died in 2008 so I guess so :lau

Have fun! Smoosh some wrinkly butts for me! :D

Yes very limiting.

Tolbunt polish, Mille Fleur D'uccles, giant cochins, Crested cream Legbars. All my own eggs .
SEND ME SOME CHICKIES!!! That's basically my "chickens tonight whe I can have them again" list, lol.

I just watched the extended forecast. :(

They used "THAT" word for next Thursday. :hit

I am so NOT ready for THAT.
Next thursday the low is supposed to be 24! I do not like it.
Who has the diabetes issues?
How many eggs can you eat a day?

I get free blood work once a year from the place I retired from. So I haven't been to a Dr. But...
My blood work came back slightly high in glucose and a1c... Colesteral was high
Garden failed and I have been eating can fruit and few veggies... Lots of beef and pork too... Oh 6-12 eggs a day... duh

It is me. :hmm

Eggs are a glucose free item.
Catch 22 is your cholesterol being high.

I would reduce the number of eggs and increase salad greens (limit the dressing).
Meat is ok but pasta is a no no.

I have found eating protein rich foods slows the carbs so I don't spike as bad.

Bread...:(....yeah bread. Nature's Own butter bread is about half the carbs of most other breads.

Lots of label reading and careful choices really helps.

What was your A1C if you don't mind sharing?

I was reading eggs were linked to diabetes and 4 a wk was a limit :barnie:rant:mad::he.. I'll look for that link

I can't eat wheat or cows milk products... I have some gluten free stuff a couple times a week...it's just simple carbs and I think of it as candy

A1C was 6.. not that high ... not running to the dr, just making changes
well changing back to how I usually eat, except for a ton of eggs.

View attachment 1925369
My brother got diagnosed with type one diabetes and celiacs disease last year. It's definitely a huge adjustment. :hugs

Good afternoon lovely, normal, wonderful peoples!
Im late, because im dumb.
Neighbor's computer crapped out and I offered to help.
Five hours later, im here...it isnt fixed either, really she should just put it down.:)

I'll send you a few to snack on if you want some Chooky.:p

It was a leaf hopper and it basically committed suicide.
I was dragging a tree piece had my yap open and in it went.
Go ahead and tease me, I promise you i'll survive.:lau

I’ll pass thanks :p I ordered some small roaches for my new gecko....and the folks at rainbow mealworms sent me an empty container :( Did get a prompt refund though so :idunno Maybe I’ll just stick with my usual supplier.

Back
Top Bottom