Good morning! It is already shaping up to be one of those days.
Firstly it is raining and the forecast calls for it all day.
Secondly Barb pooped on my head not two seconds after I took off my raincoat hood, thankfully her poops are smallish and firm.
Iv'e had worse, if I get Marlene bombed again im just shaving my head.
Lastly "for now" Kim bit me and made me bleed!
It was my fault though, I like to make everybody hop for bread bites she missed and got me, she held on to the finger a little too long for my comfort too! :caf
Ha Ha Ha! She is me in chicken form! Don't be teasing me with bread Chicky!
Sorry she got you hard enough to bleed. I got one of those accidental bites before. Right at the nail bed. Hurt like crazy.

Morning everyone,

Not a particularly good one around here, but it is looking up. Thing 1 woke me up at 5:20 after I got to sleep around 11:30 and fed the Milk Drinker twice overnight. Usually DH gets up with him and lets me sleep in since I do night shift with the baby. But since he's been sick, I've been taking that over. I spent 5:30-6:30 and 7-7:30 cleaning up the kitchen. The Milk drinker woke up at 6:30, so I had to tend to him for a bit. At 7:30 I start moving towards the office to work, and the office is a WRECK from Friday when I let the boys go crazy because I was trying to work and watch them. So I was trying to nurse the baby, get started on work, wheedle Thing 1 into cleaning up the mess, and feeling COMPLETELY touched out when Thing 1 shouted something which distracted the Milk Drinker from nursing and he bit me, HARD. I lost it. I plopped the baby on the floor, yelled at Thing 1 to go bug daddy, and started crying. I haven't lost it like that in years. I then took the baby to DH, who was in the bathroom and had a good cry by myself in bed. I did apologize to Thing 1 for yelling at him. He didn't deserve it. That was just straw before the straw that broke the camel's back.

Fortunately, this is where things start looking up. DH's fever is gone and he'll spend the day resting on the couch monitoring Thing 1 who will be watching movies until I can send him over to my mom's for a few hours. I also got the Milk Drinker to sleep and put him in his crib so I'm now in the office by myself.

Morning everyone,

Not a particularly good one around here, but it is looking up. Thing 1 woke me up at 5:20 after I got to sleep around 11:30 and fed the Milk Drinker twice overnight. Usually DH gets up with him and lets me sleep in since I do night shift with the baby. But since he's been sick, I've been taking that over. I spent 5:30-6:30 and 7-7:30 cleaning up the kitchen. The Milk drinker woke up at 6:30, so I had to tend to him for a bit. At 7:30 I start moving towards the office to work, and the office is a WRECK from Friday when I let the boys go crazy because I was trying to work and watch them. So I was trying to nurse the baby, get started on work, wheedle Thing 1 into cleaning up the mess, and feeling COMPLETELY touched out when Thing 1 shouted something which distracted the Milk Drinker from nursing and he bit me, HARD. I lost it. I plopped the baby on the floor, yelled at Thing 1 to go bug daddy, and started crying. I haven't lost it like that in years. I then took the baby to DH, who was in the bathroom and had a good cry by myself in bed. I did apologize to Thing 1 for yelling at him. He didn't deserve it. That was just straw before the straw that broke the camel's back.

Fortunately, this is where things start looking up. DH's fever is gone and he'll spend the day resting on the couch monitoring Thing 1 who will be watching movies until I can send him over to my mom's for a few hours. I also got the Milk Drinker to sleep and put him in his crib so I'm now in the office by myself.
:hugs:hugs

Have you called them to let them know the steroids aren't helping?

I agree with @CSAchook, @Chickassan should never ever leave us!

I got Rivers bed done. Of course it shrunk just enough in the wash to make that cover fit TIGHT!

I haven't gone to the store yet. I was hoping my son would be closer to on time....so I could make him watch the dogs. :rolleyes:
I guess I will leave them unattended. :idunno

When unattended River learns new things......like unraveling the TP while I switch laundry out. :hmm
Puppies are just like toddlers. If they're not up your butt it's b/c they're getting into something.

I have been sleeping 2 days almost all day. The doctor thinks it's just an after effect of the Lyme disease. But he wouldn't give me more medication for it.
Are there any home remedies that you can try? It kinda sounds like mono where you just have to let it run it's course which sucks. I hope it passes quickly for you.

So you are supposed to "sleep it off"?

That seems crappy. :(

I made a this today.
View attachment 2000051
It came out pretty good.:D
Your bag is awesome!

Good grief iv'e only been home maybe an hour.
I went to Burlington coat factory and hated it with a purple passion.
Big stores suuuuuck!!
The trip wasnt fun either nearly 2hrs in the car with hubs and MIL.....no idea why I agreed to go, wasn't drunk or anything. :confused:
Did you get anything good?

Morning everyone,

Don't beat yourself up about it. It's been a long couple of weeks for you & you've been doing a great job keeping up w/ everything. It's not easy to deal with 2 littles plus work and have a sick husband, plus all the holiday stuff, the animals, and life in general. Hopefully he'll turn the corner after today & things will get back to normal. MD might have learned that he doesn't bite the boob that feeds him. Those teeth are sharp.

I thought about doing that but they are very tough on the sewing machines. The only one of my machines that can handle it needs servicing.....the sewing machine shop guys laughed at me wanting to service such an old (and inexpensive) machine. It runs $100 for basic servicing. I think I paid like $70 for that machine 30+ years ago. The he new machines just aren't as tough as that very old one has been. :hmm

Looks really nice Cappy!
Thank you, I plan to get a few more plants too.

Morning everyone,

Sorry Rae, I know that hurts. If mine bit, I stuck a finger in their mouth to break the seal and they got no more nursing at that time. You just had too much all at once. Hugs.

Morning everyone,

My kids are 22 months apart. I totally understand how you can get overloaded. It is not like ANY of it can be put off til later either. :hugs
Those first couple years can be very draining.

Puppies are just like toddlers. If they're not up your butt it's b/c they're getting into something.

Are there any home remedies that you can try? It kinda sounds like mono where you just have to let it run it's course which sucks. I hope it passes quickly for you.

Your bag is awesome!

Don't beat yourself up about it. It's been a long couple of weeks for you & you've been doing a great job keeping up w/ everything. It's not easy to deal with 2 littles plus work and have a sick husband, plus all the holiday stuff, the animals, and life in general. Hopefully he'll turn the corner after today & things will get back to normal. MD might have learned that he doesn't bite the boob that feeds him. Those teeth are sharp.

Yeah puppies are a lot like toddlers....It gets quiet = someone is up to something they shouldn't be. :rolleyes:

Thanks! The bag was fun to make. Probably because it was a learning thing.

I am pushing the "You wanted the puppy, you tend the puppy" thing with hubs. For real I am not going to be the only one chasing after them.

He MIGHT be getting the message. For the first time in a couple years he loaded the dishwasher AND carried a basket of laundry upstairs.

Your bag is awesome!

I don't really know what the problem is so I hate to start trying random home remedies. At least I didn't sleep all day yesterday.

Toddlers are SOOOO much like this. I couldn't get Thing 1 to stop grabbing everything in Walmart yesterday.

Thanks, I'm feeling much better. Yes, those teeth are sharp.

My kids are 22 months apart. I totally understand how you can get overloaded. It is not like ANY of it can be put off til later either. :hugs
Those first couple years can be very draining.
Mine are a week shy of 3 years apart. I think that makes it both easier and harder.

And I want 2-3 more....

Back
Top Bottom