Good morning! It is pretty cold out there, it has been in the 60's a few mornings so 40's is a smack for sure.
Chicks seem happy to be cool again, 40's through 65ish is the sweet spot. :)

How's she doing this morning Henny? Old Marlene is a little draggy today, must be the season.
The sparkles are neat, im enjoying that part of it immensely. ;)

We are glad to have you!
We are all weirdos so it stays nice in here. ;)

Still dark here. I will be gently checking the big ole gal in about an hour.

She was in the far (you can't reach me) corner again last night.
Also worrisome is the one prairie blue bell that has never laid an egg. She is separating herself and looking a bit fluffed.
I have lost pullets to egg binding (always a colored egg layer) so I am keeping an eye on her as well.

I am thinking Cinders may have injured herself coming off the roosts perhaps. She is BIG and the roost is 24" high so I really don't know.

Cinders is the same as yesterday.

So better than day one of the leg issue but not better today than yesterday.
I have her set up so she CAN go out of she wants but has what she needs so isn't forced to go out.

Crazy dog stuff here already!
Cleaning the kennel (as I do every morning and throughout the day) I found one poop that had fabric in it. Both Tilly and River use that area so could have been either. No idea how they managed to eat fabric without getting busted. (looked like T-shirt or one of my thin socks) I am going with it was River, a sock, in the living room, during the night. Freaking game of Clue around here!

I left three dogs inside for 10 minutes while I tended the birds.
River had a grocery ad off the top of the coffee pot 30% shredded and consumed.
I took dog #4 out while the same 3 were left inside. It took literally less than 30 seconds.
I came in to find River had stolen the dish cloth from the back of the sink.

:barnie

Edited because autocorrect never is correct! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I’ve seen this thread a thousand times...in my area....Squwatch watch means people are looking for Big Foot...because...believe it or not...this is the place that Big Foot originaTed...or so it seems...there are festivals every summer. I’m glad I actually looked at the thread today...this is nice! :)
Welcome!

Good morning! It is pretty cold out there, it has been in the 60's a few mornings so 40's is a smack for sure.
Chicks seem happy to be cool again, 40's through 65ish is the sweet spot. :)

How's she doing this morning Henny? Old Marlene is a little draggy today, must be the season.
The sparkles are neat, im enjoying that part of it immensely. ;)

We are glad to have you!
We are all weirdos so it stays nice in here. ;)
We're full on in winter here.
It is very fancy. My kids both wanted mermaid blankets, but I'm not skilled enough to make one myself. I can crochet the heck out of a square, but forget something that's shaped. I found theirs at Joann's while xmas shopping. They were a little more excited about them than I expected a couple of teenagers to be.

Still dark here. I will be gently checking the big ole gal in about an hour.

She was in the far (you can't reach me) corner again last night.
Also worrisome is the one prairie blue bell that has never laid an egg. She is separating herself and looking a bit fluffed.
I have lost pullets to egg binding (always a colored egg layer) so I am keeping an eye on her as well.

I am thinking Cinders may have injured herself coming off the roosts perhaps. She is BIG and the roost is 24" high so I really don't know.
Jaiden was my girl who never laid an egg then got all puffy and started pooping yellow. I hope your girl is ok & just doesn't want anything to do w/ the egg laying business b/c it's too cold & wintery right now. Did you feel her up? When mine did that I could prominently feel their breastbones & they were very light.
That's how Jackie hurt her leg. It took a while, but she got better. I hope Cinders does too.

I have her set up so she CAN go out of she wants but has what she needs so isn't forced to go out.

Cleaning the kennel (as I do every morning and throughout the day) I found one poop that had fabric in it. Both Tilly and River use that area so could have been either. No idea how they managed to eat fabric without getting busted. (looked like T-shirt or one of my thin socks) I am going to get it was River, a sock, in the living room, during the night. Freaking game of Clue around here!

River had a grocery as off the top of the coffee pot 30% shredded and consumed.
I took dog #4 out while the same 3 were left inside. It took literally less than 30 seconds.

Based on the dish towel I'd say you're right in thinking it's River. Ugh... those dogs! I guess it could be worse, it's not your underwear! Sounds like they're all a bad influence on each other.

Welcome!

It is very fancy. My kids both wanted mermaid blankets, but I'm not skilled enough to make one myself. I can crochet the heck out of a square, but forget something that's shaped. I found theirs at Joann's while xmas shopping. They were a little more excited about them than I expected a couple of teenagers to be.

Jaiden was my girl who never laid an egg then got all puffy and started pooping yellow. I hope your girl is ok & just doesn't want anything to do w/ the egg laying business b/c it's too cold & wintery right now. Did you feel her up? When mine did that I could prominently feel their breastbones & they were very light.
That's how Jackie hurt her leg. It took a while, but she got better. I hope Cinders does too.

Based on the dish towel I'd say you're right in thinking it's River. Ugh... those dogs! I guess it could be worse, it's not your underwear! Sounds like they're all a bad influence on each other.

Yes I have handled her (it is the white bird with a red chest named Robin) and she is not skinny, pelvic bones still narrow, she went out with everyone and started eating. I did see Rudy give her a little chase.....but Rudy does that to everyone throughout the day.
She is not fluffed this morning so :confused:.

These dogs are determined to give me a nervous breakdown.

Cleaning the kennel (as I do every morning and throughout the day) I found one poop that had fabric in it. Both Tilly and River use that area so could have been either. No idea how they managed to eat fabric without getting busted. (looked like T-shirt or one of my thin socks) I am going to get it was River, a sock, in the living room, during the night. Freaking game of Clue around here!

River had a grocery as off the top of the coffee pot 30% shredded and consumed.

I have a cat that loves eating plastic! And he runs when you try to take it from him. His mother steals hair ties, but at least doesn't eat them.

Poor Cinders, I feel for her it isn't any fun being out of sorts in the winter especially when you're older.
Lol, your dogs are worse than my derps.
I took a waaaay longer than expected old lady nap and was late feeding them so they decided to pull the foam cover off the spigot and kill it.
I have foam bits from fence to fence now and some interesting poops coming my way. :hmm

Cleaning the kennel (as I do every morning and throughout the day) I found one poop that had fabric in it. Both Tilly and River use that area so could have been either. No idea how they managed to eat fabric without getting busted. (looked like T-shirt or one of my thin socks) I am going with it was River, a sock, in the living room, during the night. Freaking game of Clue around here!

River had a grocery ad off the top of the coffee pot 30% shredded and consumed.

Edited because autocorrect never is correct! :rolleyes:

Whooo the blue one is pretty!
I got the dark purple because it was 15 instead of 19 amazon thing.
You should go full mermaid at least once, it is awkward but hilarious......yolo and all that jazz.:lau

Welcome!

Wowow updated!!

But quick question... is 20$ each for Bantam Cochins too much???

I think it depends on several things.
what the market is in your area
age of birds
colors....some are more desirable or harder to find

In my area people would pay that for the young females regardless of color. Males not so much.

Back
Top Bottom