Ugh snow! How much do you already have?

We are dry but going to be cold and windy.
I am voted in on a long drive to pick up another motorcycle. :rolleyes:
As if I am REALLY going to be strong enough to help.

View attachment 2005297
This was us earlier this year. We had 2 feet of snowman parts.
Oh geez...getting a motorcycle...my hubby collects trucks, used to collect motorcycles....I’ve been on many of those road trips!! :). We had a ton of snow..then it melted into ice..that was a BAD. Then it got warm and was gone. This week we got albout 6-7”over three days...now it’s bad..Chris just came back from plowing..took him more than 2hrs to do all our rental units...the snow is lit balls of ice.

X2 :goodpost:

And @Hope Hughes the few hatcheries that sell sexed Banty cochins, charge $10+ per female chick plus shipping. (That is why I asked about age. $20 would be too much for chicks, but pretty cheap for pullets imo)
Yeah..here’s a question..Chris and I have been adding to our flock. We’ve bought 20 pullets at $10 apiece..all came from hatcher...why would you buy chicks..raise them until are just about or are producing...and then sell them..for ...what we consider..no gain,but a loss?

Yeah..here’s a question..Chris and I have been adding to our flock. We’ve bought 20 pullets at $10 apiece..all came from hatcher...why would you buy chicks..raise them until are just about or are producing...and then sell them..for ...what we consider..no gain,but a loss?
Hmmm interesting question. I only ever keep a small flock of pets, so my reasons may be different than someone that breeds and sells a lot (like Capricorn farm). The few times I have sold birds it was a space issue. Hatched or bought more bird than I needed, waited until I was sure I knew which ones I wanted to keep, rehomed the rest. In those cases though, I was not looking to profit, just get some of my investment back.

I was starting up with breeding and selling them, but our big business got EXTREMELY busy and I didnt have the time in between to sell them as chicks. I absolutely love all my bantams but I think it's time for some fresh blood and they need a home where they are all loved and have people to spend time with them. I have 11 Bantam Cochins. And need to breed new blood lines. If he doesnt buy them, I still get to enjoy their company, but if he does I get money, space and they get a good home too. Either way is fine.

Hmmm interesting question. I only ever keep a small flock of pets, so my reasons may be different than someone that breeds and sells a lot (like Capricorn farm). The few times I have sold birds it was a space issue. Hatched or bought more bird than I needed, waited until I was sure I knew which ones I wanted to keep, rehomed the rest. In those cases though, I was not looking to profit, just get some of my investment back.
These people let us pick which we wanted. Which was nice for us. I suppose. Like you said, they were just trying to get some of their investments back.

Hi guys,

Today has been an absolutely YUCKY day. It was slushy this morning but just turned to rain. I drove an hour away to do some grocery shopping and a Lowe's trip. We need to get heat tape on our water pipes before too much longer. Thankfully its been pretty mild so far.

I took time to process the last of the pork I hadn't frozen or set to cure as bacon last night. It was a bag of scrap meat and fat. I turned it into maple sausage. It was delish! We cooked up a lb of it and froze the other 3 lbs. That makes 106lbs of meat, roasts, bacon, etc if you don't count the bones and fat.

In other news, I just put in a chick order! Since we have brown egg layers, I got some colored and white egg layers as well as our first batch of franken-chickens. I'll have to set some New Hampshire eggs from my parent's birds to hatch when we are supposed to get the shipment.
1579380755864.png

Back
Top Bottom