So looked on the septic system manufacturer website and it says low suds, low phosphate, biodegradable soaps.

Keep looking and castile soap looks good. Except it works best with soft or distilled water. And to use it as a shampoo most of them say rinse with lemon juice or vinegar after.

I just want to shower and not have greasy hair. I understand why Einstein supposedly had 20 of the same outfit. No decision needed. It should not be this hard to find a soap that won't clog my septic system and doesn't require extra steps to use it. 🤦‍♀️

So looked on the septic system manufacturer website and it says low suds, low phosphate, biodegradable soaps.

Keep looking and castile soap looks good. Except it works best with soft or distilled water. And to use it as a shampoo most of them say rinse with lemon juice or vinegar after.

I just want to shower and not have greasy hair. I understand why Einstein supposedly had 20 of the same outfit. No decision needed. It should not be this hard to find a soap that won't clog my septic system and doesn't require extra steps to use it. 🤦‍♀️
Baby shampoo maybe? I think those are usually not scented.

We must be the oddballs. We have 6 people living in a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath on a septic tank. It took nearly 20 years before we had to have it pumped. It's the older system, but the only thing we were told was that grease and fat were not good. We use ridx on a fairly regular basis, but other than that we don't do anything special. The drain field is really good, and the grass grows best there. We've lived here for 25 yrs.

Castille soap is nice Nunny, a one stop shop so you save.
The big one I see everywhere is dr.bronners, the tea tree kind gets used as a face wash here.
That is one thing about them, they aren't scented ...more infused?
Tea tree is tea tree dosent just smell like it.
Rose, iv'e tried that one too and swear it was like a bush in a bottle.
That scent pretty much has to be natural not to melt my face off.
Very impressive these days. :)
That weird rinse thing....nooo you don't have to do that.

When we moved in over 50 years ago (from big city) we had a septic tank in the beginning and no idea of what to do with it. 5 people in a house with just 1.5 bathrooms and only - one shower/bath tub. Never had any problem with the septic that we knew about it.We also had well water which would leave tons of rust behind everywhere.

Thankfully about 2 years later the village got city water - whoopee except for the price tag.
Good riddance to the pump for the well,holding tank, the rust all over. I had the dog kennel and it was funny - all the dogs drank the well water except for one female. She would refuse to drink . By that time my parents were trucking in water from a relatives (Chicago) home using their garden hose. Cute, the hose was not cleared for human consumption of water. The dog was happy though.

I thought the acv rinse was for build up of products, NOT to be done every time

Back
Top Bottom