My order went great. Babies had a heat pack, order was accurate and came with bonus babies! One thing I did not know last time is that the tracking does not update very often. Expect to get alerts when it enters the main hub in MO and then nothing until it reaches a main hub in Colorado. Also, my PO does call about live orders, but usually not until the afternoon. At least that is the case anytime I order bugs. So for chicks, I don’t wait for the phone call, I am there at open on the expected delivery date. Can’t wait to see your webbies!

Info from my feed store about the P.O. here is that they call as soon as they get to the local P.O.
They said they get called around 6am. I am up at the crack of I may as well have never tried to sleep so I will be ready.
If they send an extra I hope it is not a drake. I only planned on one male.

Oh, I squooshed the screen sooo many times!
Little birdy butts! 🥰
Alright got a few photos of the little buggers when I pulled them out to clean the brooder.

Question for those who have ordered from Cackle before: do they normally send extras? Breeds are correct but I got 20 birds instead of 17 (NOT a complaint. Just a surprise).

Roundest of birbs . These ameraucanas are hatchery choice of colors. They sell white, lavender, blue, black, and splash. Any guesses on what I got?
View attachment 2065772
Barred bantam Cochins. The middle one is struggling a bit but I think she is a fighter.

View attachment 2065773

Golden laced bantam Cochins. Kept giving me their butts.
View attachment 2065774
View attachment 2065775

Bantam buff Brahmas
View attachment 2065777

Hope you all enjoyed the bonus glimpses of my desk toys :gig

Alright got a few photos of the little buggers when I pulled them out to clean the brooder.

Question for those who have ordered from Cackle before: do they normally send extras? Breeds are correct but I got 20 birds instead of 17 (NOT a complaint. Just a surprise).
I order from Cackle, I love them. The chicks are pretty hardy. They've always sent extras, even on small orders. Two years ago I ordered 4 EEs and 5 Lavender Keets. I got 7 EEs and 6 Lavs.

I didn't lose any of them until the order I placed this year. I got 5 extra chicks. I lost 4. Two of which were meaties, so that wasn't surprising.

Roundest of birbs . These ameraucanas are hatchery choice of colors. They sell white, lavender, blue, black, and splash. Any guesses on what I got?
View attachment 2065772
Looks like you have a Black, a blue and two splash to me.

Igor seems to be doing pretty well. A couple of hours in hobbles seemed to do a lot of good. I had to remove the hobbles after that because he kept flipping over and couldn't right himself with the hobbles on. The boot also is helping.
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG

Look at that little grumpy face! His twisted jaw makes him look very disapproving from this angle.
IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

Back
Top Bottom